sharks teeth

Bob Saunders

Fossil sharks teeth if I i'd them correctly. 
JK268 
 ANCIENT MIOCENE EXTINCT TIGER SHARK TEETH, Physogaleus contortus  
  2.3 cm. 23 mm  0.905 in. 

JK269
 ANCIENT MIOCENE EXTINCT TIGER SHARK TEETH, GALEOCERDO aduncus 
3 cm.  30 mm       1 1/8th 

20201202_110425.jpg

20201202_110451.jpg

20201202_110602.jpg

20201202_110633.jpg

First one looks like a hemipristis

Fossilguy.com: Snaggletooth Shark Information - Hemipristis shark facts and  information

• I found this Informative 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Yes it is !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

3 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

I agree. Nice colors!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

I agree that the first is Hemipristis. I like the brown/cream/more unusual colored ones. Nice colors.

3 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

Fossilguy.com: Snaggletooth Shark Information - Hemipristis shark facts and  information

perhaps, only tagged as sharks tooth Miocene Florida. looking at picture found Tiger shark like tooth. this one is flat at the top V's your shows it curved.

the grey one has a slight curve of the top. I will enter correct I'd. any particular reason why some are brown V's grey. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Saunders said:

the grey one has a slight curve of the top. I will enter correct I'd. any particular reason why some are brown V's grey. 

just location and preservation, look at megs from sharktooth hill and compare those from Indonesia or the American east coast

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

It mostly boils down to the minerals it picked up during fossilization from the surrounding sediment. Iron-rich sediments produce more orange/red/brown stuff, phosphate produces the rich black stuff.

hello!

Very nice teeth! Who's your dentist?  lol

The bluish tooth is indeed Galeocerdo, but I would venture G. cuvier.   G. aduncus tends to be smaller and not nearly as robust.  An excellent tiger.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

fossil sharks tooth. Eocene Knourigga, Morocco.    
I think this is from a extinct sand tiger shark?

20201205_104346.jpg

20201205_104522b.jpg

20201205_104417b.jpg

The Moroccan one is a sand tiger, most likely odontaspis?

the Miocene one is a megalodon, most likely from bone valley

IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png

8 minutes ago, will stevenson said:

The Moroccan one is a sand tiger, most likely odontaspis?

the Miocene one is a megalodon, most likely from bone valley

Thanks, the second is 1 5/16 th inch or 3.5 cm. wide seems small for a meg. or possibly a juvenile? 

last one from yesterday. ANCIENT MIOCENE EXTINCT sharks tooth. unsure of type? Florida 5/8th or 1.5 cm wide x 1 1/8th 3 cm long.

20201205_104116.jpg

20201205_104147.jpg

3 hours ago, Hipockets said:

Khouribga ? maybe a spelling error in translation.

duckduckgo.com found it.  

Khouribga

Khouribga is the capital of Khouribga Province in the Béni Mellal-Khénifra region of Morocco. 

On 12/4/2020 at 2:21 AM, hemipristis said:

hello!

Very nice teeth! Who's your dentist?  lol

The bluish tooth is indeed Galeocerdo, but I would venture G. cuvier.   G. aduncus tends to be smaller and not nearly as robust.  An excellent tiger.

I agree.  It's G. cuvier.  They both look like Bone Valley Formation teeth.

Jess

6 hours ago, Bob Saunders said:

Thanks, the second is 1 5/16 th inch or 3.5 cm. wide seems small for a meg. or possibly a juvenile? 

It's a posterior tooth so it would be that small - probably not from a full-grown adult.

6 hours ago, Bob Saunders said:

last one from yesterday. ANCIENT MIOCENE EXTINCT sharks tooth. unsure of type? Florida 5/8th or 1.5 cm wide x 1 1/8th 3 cm long.

20201205_104116.jpg

20201205_104147.jpg

This is a lower anterior of Hemipristis serra.  That's also one of the Bone Valley colors.

• 3 weeks later...