Unidentified Shark Tooth!! Please help!

SkyJ

• New Members

I found this tooth on the beach today and I was wondering if anyone could quickly identify it for me! I’m not sure what kind of tooth it is but it’s a really good one0A528A20-F6E8-4AF3-AA51-283EA08EA0AD.thumb.jpeg.a89a1f926c2c0237b118601b70ed2bc1.jpeg

Welcome to the Fossil forum.

Which State?? Many times it can make a difference based on whether you were walking a Beach in California, Texas, Florida, or Maryland.

It is water worn, but still I think it does not have serrations.  What is the size ??  close to an inch?

These are lemon shark teeth  .  I think yours is also a Lemon Shark tooth. Latin name Negaprion brevirostris

https://i2.wp.com/paleocris.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/IMG_3802.jpg?fit=1000%2C1000&ssl=1

• I Agree 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Welcome to the forum. Size is important with many of these so it is good to include a scale. Location is also best included in the body of text. Not everyone reads the tags as they are easy to miss. Specifying a beach or county within North Carolina can also help.

• I found this Informative 1