Fossil/rock Id

rottweiler

• New Members

Greetings, Need help from the forum, I live on the Northwest Coast, My wife and I are constantly looking for AGATES or other unusual things. While at a junk auction a couple months ago I brought a box of neat (stuff) seems there was a number of rocks (See photos) The little agates looking thing (bottom right) on the picture, looks like a clam shell, can that be? one looks like a large Snail and I know nothing about the other two.

Can you please help with identification and possibly the approximate age? I placed a measuring tape down to give some idea of size.

Thanks

Daryel

post-5025-0-91743100-1297490586_thumb.jpg

post-5025-0-15849300-1297490615_thumb.jpg

Greetings, Need help from the forum, I live on the Northwest Coast, My wife and I are constantly looking for AGATES or other unusual things. While at a junk auction a couple months ago I brought a box of neat (stuff) seems there was a number of rocks (See photos) The little agates looking thing (bottom right) on the picture, looks like a clam shell, can that be? one looks like a large Snail and I know nothing about the other two.

Can you please help with identification and possibly the approximate age? I placed a measuring tape down to give some idea of size.

Thanks

Daryel

Upper left is a gastropod, upper right is mahogany obsidian,lower right looks like a beach agate and I don't recognize the other.

Jim

Old Dead Things