Diplocaulus

TroyB

This is MaeMae, the cute little world class Diplocaulus I found, 2 years ago. Named after my Cute niece Maemae.

It appears to have bite marks in the snout area. Not uncommon for this area of the dig. We have found many with the snouts bitten.

post-944-0-08678300-1464192116_thumb.jpg

post-944-0-26867300-1464192127_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Tankman

That's pretty cool.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Are the bite marks from other Diplocaulus, or something bigger, like Dimetrodon?

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis

Are the bite marks from other Diplocaulus, or something bigger, like Dimetrodon?

Probably Dimetrodon.

Tankman

I was just curious about male to male combat for females...but I guess predation is more likely...

Beautifully preserved boomerang-head! Congrats on the find!

"Men became scientific because they expected Law in Nature, and they expected Law in Nature because they believed in a Legislator." - C.S. Lewis

I had to google diplocaulus to know what I was lookin at. Really cool now!!!

RB

Troy has been part of something very cool and special. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

was there more than just the skull?

---Prem

Looks like the whole critter is there. Slightly uncovered the spin vertebrae completely articulated with ribs attached. That's when I stopped and jacketed it.

Tankman

Looks like the whole critter is there. Slightly uncovered the spin vertebrae completely articulated with ribs attached. That's when I stopped and jacketed it.

When can We see the whole thing? :drool::popcorn:

Tony

Sweet find! I love predation marks. I can't wait to see her all prepped out!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

She is prepped to view right now, in the museum. Not sure when she will get totally prepped out, so many irons in the fire, you know. hehehe

post-944-0-04560800-1464396746_thumb.jpg

Tankman

She is prepped to view right now, in the museum. Not sure when she will get totally prepped out, so many irons in the fire, you know. hehehe

That is amazing!