fossil bone? yea or nay? is this petrified poop?

HighDesertGal

I have other views to load if you want, is there any way to tell what it was? Is it bone? Thanks so much for the education. I live about 30 miles S.W. of the petrified national forest on the property this was found. The second image I am questioning the small, dark one to the right of the red coral looking one, is it petrified poop? Thanks again.

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

Sorry, but again, these are all very interesting looking rocks. 

No bones, though. No coprolites that I can see either. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree with Tim on your finds here. However, that red piece, could be red plume agate/jasper. If I were closer I'd be happy to look at it and give you a definitive answer. That is a piece I'd be happy to place in my mineral collection. 

The one right to the red piece is ironstone. These are typically misidentified as meteorites by amateur meteorite hunters, but are actually meteorwrongs. 

Keep looking! The law of large numbers says you'll eventually find the fossils you're looking for.

...I'm back.

29 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Sorry, but again, these are all very interesting looking rocks. 

No bones, though. No coprolites that I can see either. 

Regards,

I hope my location is not any indicator of validity for you. Are you aware of the White Mountain Dinosaur Exploration Center in Springerville which is only 60 miles from me. The Zuni Basin Palentological Project discovered 4 new dinosaur species unique to the White Mountains of Arizona. I do hope am being taken seriously here as these are going to be evaluated soon, I was just wanting to learn more...

You are being taken seriously, and your items are being identified based on experienced consideration.  Unfortunately, these conclusions are not what you may have hoped. 

Please continue to show us your interesting finds.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I do take all ID requests seriously. :unsure: 
I'm sorry that my attempts at identifying your items did not give you the expected answers.  

It happens on this forum more often than I care to admit. 

But, we are about teaching people to be able to discover the differences between neat looking rocks, and actual fossils.

You do have lots of interesting geological finds, as well as some actual fossils.

Although dinosaur fossils may have been found 60 miles away, 5 minutes away can make a lot of difference in what aged rocks are exposed in your area.

In upstate New York, a 30-40 minute drive can bring you from the middle Devonian, 380 million years ago, to the Ordovician, 460 million years ago.  80 million years in less than an hour. Different fossils, and paleo-environments.  It is the nature of geology and stratigraphy. 

You might consider joining a local mineral/fossil club to learn about the geology and fossils of your area. 

It will put you in touch with locals with the same interests, and with lots of experience hunting in your local area. 

We all have to start somewhere, and knowledge is gained by all of the wrong steps we take along that path, as well as the correct steps.

Regards,  

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

And Lori knows her "coprolites" (in a collective sense of course!).

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

I do take all ID requests seriously. :unsure: 
I'm sorry that my attempts at identifying your items did not give you the expected answers.  

It happens on this forum more often than I care to admit. 

But, we are about teaching people to be able to discover the differences between neat looking rocks, and actual fossils.

You do have lots of interesting geological finds, as well as some actual fossils.

Although dinosaur fossils may have been found 60 miles away, 5 minutes away can make a lot of difference in what aged rocks are exposed in your area.

In upstate New York, a 30-40 minute drive can bring you from the middle Devonian, 380 million years ago, to the Ordovician, 460 million years ago.  80 million years in less than an hour. Different fossils, and paleo-environments.  It is the nature of geology and stratigraphy. 

You might consider joining a local mineral/fossil club to learn about the geology and fossils of your area. 

It will put you in touch with locals with the same interests, and with lots of experience hunting in your local area. 

We all have to start somewhere, and knowledge is gained by all of the wrong steps we take along that path, as well as the correct steps.

Regards,  

I do understand distance, I appreciate your help, I am basically homebound, my husband is recovering from radiation and chemotherapy wich makes joining a club difficult, hence my posting here. The photo you labeled with what you saw was appreciated very much, I thank you