Alligator Tooth?

darrow

It does appear to be a gator tooth.

The scute you found a few feet away is alligator for sure! So Alligator tooth would be a reasonable guess.

Let's see what others think, it does seem large.

• I found this Informative 4

Yep, I'm with @FossilDudeCO. It's a pretty sizeable alligator tooth and certainly a scute to match. The tooth is a great find. I've found a good few but mostly smaller than this beauty.

It looks similar to a gator tooth to me but all the ones I find have two "seams" which I don't see in the provided pics so I'm not 100%. Not sure of you local fauna. Nice osteoderm btw:)

image.jpg

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Nice finds!  Is that a coastal area or a creek?  The sands there look like they may be loaded with micro fossils.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Nice alligator and tooth and osteoderm.

And nice serviette too.:P

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

It might help to have some more pics when it's dry-I am having difficulty discerning whether or not the second pic shows an erupting tooth or not. I think also the more robust it is, the less defined the 'seams' jcbshark mentioned seem to be. Here's mine for comparison:

20170409_172709-1.jpg

20170409_172704-1.jpg

20170409_172700-1.jpg

20170409_172715-1.jpg

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

13 hours ago, squali said:

Nice finds!  Is that a coastal area or a creek?  The sands there look like they may be loaded with micro fossils.

Dredge spoils in the bay area near the coast.