Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Yes now it works but I can't help you, sorry.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I do not think it's a toe bone.  The ventral ridge in your first photo is not typical of one.  Looks more like a vertebra possibly of a Croc. like this one

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5b39c7135f239cc5b0127e2f31e01eba.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Not a toe bone, this is a vertebra. I highly doubt it's croc though. I have a similar specimen that is most certainly Spinosaurid. I saw this piece on the internet as well and recognised it as a Spinosaurid vert right away.

I'm quite sure this is a Spinosaurid anterior dorsal vertebra. Or possibly it could be posterior cervical. Will need photos from the side to tell. But it's either Spinosaurus sp. or Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis. Though I'd say Sigilmassasaurus is more likely due to the strong keel on the bottom of the vertebra. The one feature that would make it definitely Sigilmassasaurus is broken off. Then again, it seems rather long and thin (Sigilmassasaurus has fatter vertebrae near the base of the neck), so that might point more towards Spinosaurus.

For reference. Complete neck and some dorsal vertebrae of Sigilmassasaurus (A) and Baryonyx (B).

fig-25-1x.jpg

And here's an example of a Sigilmassasaurus anterior dorsal vertebra from my collection. Mine lacks the strong protrusions on the side, which means it's a little further along the back. A side view of your vertebra is needed to properly determine the position. A side view will show if there are any foramina on the side.

Indeterminate Spinosaurid mid cervical vertebra.
fig-22-2x.jpg

Posterior cervical Sigilmassasaurus vertebra.
fig-8-2x.jpg

Probable Sigilmassasaurus anterior dorsal vertebra. This is the vertebra I used for the identification on my specimen. I'd say it looks very similar to yours as well.
fig-14-2x.jpg

More anterior dorsal Sigilmassasaurus vertebra. This one is fatter because it's situated more towards the base of the neck. Towards the trunk the vertebrae get longer.
fig-13-2x.jpg

So yeah, side view is needed for proper placement, but likely anterior dorsal, possibly posterior cervical from a Spinosaurid

Link to the paper where I get all this from.

It's a very long dry technical read, but it has a really good description of these types of vertebrae.

• I found this Informative 4

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I don't see any foramina (holes) on the sides. So it must be an anterior dorsal vertebra. It's probably too incomplete to tell, but due to it being rather wide and it having a strong keel I'd lean more towards Sigilmassasaurus than to Spinosaurus. Though it might be a little squished by the fossilisation process.

So I'd label it as Spinosaurid anterior dorsal vertebra.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thank you Olof for the information. I would never have guessed Sigilmassasaurus.

By the way, your 3d scans are amazing!