Fossil And Alive

RomanK

"Life finds a way"

(Nice pictures; thanks!)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

RomanK........Loveley colours, I always remember seeing some dried weed shaddows on a piece of shale containing plant fossils, i often regret not taking any images.... even though it was 300 million years the time difference, they looked so similar.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

RomanK........Loveley colours, I always remember seeing some dried weed shaddows on a piece of shale containing plant fossils, i often regret not taking any images.... even though it was 300 million years the time difference, they looked so similar.....

Yes, Steve, you are right, I've got the same impression from shadows, started sometimes at the first secondsmile.gif

Ancient and modern just next to you.

post-814-12543308602384_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308656226_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308719519_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308798575_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308844765_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308914028_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543308991406_thumb.jpgpost-814-12543309268386_thumb.jpg

Nice Pictures!!!!!! Your third picture reminds me of a horrible experience I had (Its kinda funny now but not then)When I first got into fossil hunting My father took me to the Mountains in California.We had found so many interesting things and I was hooked!!!!!! Near the end of our hunt I saw a beautiful plate with what had to be hundreds of shells in it, I just had to have it and boy did I get it !!!!!! My father decided to help me with my find since it was too large for me to flip over and way to large for my pack.Then it happened, just as my father flipped over the find A huge cloud enveloped us. A very large Yellow Jacket nest was under the plate. I bet I had about 100 stings and my heroic father had knocked me down trying to get away lol. He did go back when he noticed I was not right on his heels to help me, after he heard my whimpering. I had never heard my dad cuss so much. Ever since then I do look before I flip anything over. Lesson learned !!!!!!!!! And no before anyone asks the plate is still in the mountains for all I know.post-2185-12549232743899_thumb.jpg

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Albert Einstein

Nice Pictures!!!!!! Your third picture reminds me of a horrible experience I had (Its kinda funny now but not then)When I first got into fossil hunting My father took me to the Mountains in California.We had found so many interesting things and I was hooked!!!!!! Near the end of our hunt I saw a beautiful plate with what had to be hundreds of shells in it, I just had to have it and boy did I get it !!!!!! My father decided to help me with my find since it was too large for me to flip over and way to large for my pack.Then it happened, just as my father flipped over the find A huge cloud enveloped us. A very large Yellow Jacket nest was under the plate. I bet I had about 100 stings and my heroic father had knocked me down trying to get away lol. He did go back when he noticed I was not right on his heels to help me, after he heard my whimpering. I had never heard my dad cuss so much. Ever since then I do look before I flip anything over. Lesson learned !!!!!!!!! And no before anyone asks the plate is still in the mountains for all I know

Hi ozzyrules244, you told a didactic story, fortunately wasps are not so savage here. Two pictures more

post-814-1254934192555_thumb.jpgpost-814-12549342051404_thumb.jpg

Now your making me want to go on a trip those outcroppings are just beautiful I would just love to have some fossils with those colors for my collection!!!!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Albert Einstein

Something like these? :)

post-814-12549398573207_thumb.jpgpost-814-12549398657303_thumb.jpgpost-814-12549398742724_thumb.jpgpost-814-12549398823166_thumb.jpgpost-814-1254939891439_thumb.jpgpost-814-12549398981585_thumb.jpg

That is not outcrop, it's coal damp.

Yep like those very nice !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...