Did I Find A Primitive Skull?

Just Bob

I though that I would take the liberty of opening up a discussion on the fossil forum about the skull in the other post with the same name.

I too would like to see what people have to say about it on here. ;)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

all i can tell ya is do not go to google images and type in "weird skull" to see what kind of hits you get right before bedtime...

Well, it is up for sale on Ebay: $1,000,000.00 (opening bid). >Primitive Primate Pate<

BTW, we're not looking for any "bloodbath" here (hence the locking of the original thread). I don't know what can be said about it (other than something fairly hostile), and he said he would not be here to answer.

He did ask for comments on his blog, though...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

all i can tell ya is do not go to google images and type in "weird skull" to see what kind of hits you get right before bedtime...

And you know this how?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Hey tracer is full of it at times but he ain't never lied to me so I will take his word for it. but will Google "weird skull" first thing tomorrow

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

The line, "I've never seen one in a museum or on the web that looks anything like...the one in my hands", suggests that there is no arguing this. It's just going to be a repeat of that "fossil heart" and the Phillipino rocks.

Yeah, that quote was...surprisingly lucid. Seems he didn't stop to consider why no primate skulls resemble his...specimen.

Well, it is up for sale on Ebay: $1,000,000.00 (opening bid). >Primitive Primate Pate<

BTW, we're not looking for any "bloodbath" here (hence the locking of the original thread). I don't know what can be said about it (other than something fairly hostile), and he said he would not be here to answer.

He did ask for comments on his blog, though...

I think I have missed something then, I thought that the locking of his thread was because he would not be back on and wanted comments on his blog?

I did not intend this post to stop people from commenting on his blob, by all means feel free to post there. I just wanted to see what people from this forum though, without going to his blog to keep checking and that doesn't mean this has to be a "bloodbath" it isn't on the Id board, if you know what I mean. :)

Edited by Just Bob

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Yeah I thought it was weird to start something on the forum and then ask all the comments be on his blog. I detest leaving the forum except for pictures now and then. And secret fossil sites.

Besides haven't most of those fossil skulls been more of jig saw puzzle, instead of some complete skull when they find them.

looks more like a stone mask to me.

Upton Sinclair

...that doesn't mean this has to be a "bloodbath" it isn't on the Id board, if you know what I mean. :)

I'm just mindful of what a public stoning might look like to everyone on the internet that happens to stop by and happens to read it. I don't want anybody to think we're a bunch of "superior beings" that enjoy wailing on some stranger with a strange idea.

Not that I am sympathetic to his idea, nor his method of promoting it. :)

In that case I change my original determination to a very curious piece of weathered stone shaped strangely as a squish head

But hey, aren't we a bunch of superior beings that enjoy... what was it...wailing on some stranger with strange ideas. Any of you remember the guy in KY who posted his cool finds on the CA Fossil Forum. A collection of weird "fossils" he was finding in his yard. Including, and I recall this one just for you, Auspex, the fossilized owl... complete owl. If you didn't buy it form him, you missed out on the prize piece of any paleobird fan's collection.

AAnyway, I went to primitive primate skull guy's blog last night but I could not find a way to respond on it, nor were there any responses. There was an option to become a fan or whatever, but I declined. Maybe I'm just a blog idiot, but I'm happy like this.

...You mean that Mr. Hoots is...not a fossil? :(

DOnt google image cow man either. Dont ask. Or pig man, seriously some bad nightmare stuff. Cow man is a starving man in another country eating his meal the hard way. I am so thankful to be in my house on my laptop sometimes. WHy did I tell you guys any of this lol.

Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable is my mentor.

Oh my God it was worse than I thought it would be, maybe because I dont use safe search. Uhg.

Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable is my mentor.

Well I missed his post and the blog but I do have a rock that looks similar to the one for sale on ebay. I found it in Kentucky last summer while geod collecting. I see a small crack on one side of the specimen on ebay, suggesting it might be a poorly formed geod.

BTW that guys goofy!

Edited by barefootgirl

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

...You mean that Mr. Hoots is...not a fossil? :(

I like that you actually named it and assumed it's a male. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

His he possibly the same guy who a number of years back posted the "T-Rex fetus" on e-bay and then asked for a couple million bucks?

You guys!! Look at the blog, I told him to lick it, and he followed my advice! :cold: :lol: :lol: :lol: