Winner Of The October 2010 Invertebrate/plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-096209500 1288966487_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the October 2010 Invertebrate/Plant Find Of The Month is a very cool example of patience and prep - congratulations to (IVIVI) Bruce for his Pulalius vulgaris crab from the late Miocene or early Oligocene of WA, USA! Good find and great work!

Thank you to everyone else that shared your finds with the Forum.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

It's a wonderful fossil, and the prepwork turned it into a thing of beauty: congratulations!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

:) Thanks to everyone that entered,they were all nice.Too bad they cant leave the crab picture up for a long time :drool: Anywho congrats to the winner. :goodjob:

Bear-dog.

Very Nice!.... It floated my boat although not what I voted for.... Congratulations... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Thanks for your votes and compliments!

AND I want to say "thanks" to those who set-up and continue to run the forum on a day-to-day basis. On behalf of all the members, we are grateful to them for providing a place to learn more about fossils, preparation techniques and for providing a place facilitate the exchange of information.

Also, the members all should be commended for the professional and respectful comments we see in all our posts. You continue to maintain high standards.

Edited by IVIVI

next we want to see a raninid

Some of the ones I'm prepping may be a new species. Is it kosher to show them off here first, until they're published? I'm not the one doing the paper, but I've offered them to the author.

Some of the ones I'm prepping may be a new species. Is it kosher to show them off here first, until they're published? I'm not the one doing the paper, but I've offered them to the author.

Better check with the author; precedence in scientific publishing is a mine field.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

If you think that you are prepping a new species then do not published them here till the official publication is released and that you have clearance from the author/s for posting that material here.

PL

post-420-096209500 1288966487_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the October 2010 Invertebrate/Plant Find Of The Month is a very cool example of patience and prep - congratulations to IVIVI for his Pulalius vulgaris crab from the late Miocene or early Oligocene of WA, USA! Good find and great work!

Thank you to everyone else that shared your finds with the Forum.

AWESOME Find and amazing work.

Congrats! A more than worthy opponent and an amazing prepjob on that crab ;)

Searching for green in the dark grey.

See Bruce's find and past winning fossils in a new pinned topic HERE.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Super idea Auspex and thanks for setting up the FOTM gallery John!

We had to do something to justify our salaries! :P

Seriously, good ideas pop up on the boards all the time; attention is being paid, and if they can be done in such a way that the desired results are assured, they will be integrated (eventually...).

See Bruce's find and past winning fossils in a new pinned topic HERE.

Wow JohnJ I had forgotten how many beautiful fossils had won, also hadn't seen your Metaptychoceras, stunningly beautiful heteromorph!!

Cephalopods rule!!

Congratulations! It's a nice find enhanced by great work.

Tough field in October -- lots of nice finds as competition.