Winner Of The May 2012 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month

Cris

The winner of the May 2012 Invert/Plant FOTM goes to.... Malcolmt's Eurypterus lacustris eurypterid from the Silurian Williamsville "A" Formation of Ontario, Canada. (Sorry for the delay on calling this! The contest totally slipped my mind.)

Congratulations on Malcolmt!

post-1553-0-73263300-1338912527_thumb.jp post-1553-0-77409400-1338912504_thumb.jp

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Congratulations Malcolm! May was really your month, wasn't it?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Well deserved Malcolm, congratulations on that amazing fossil.

Hi,

Congrats for this nice and rare fossil !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats Malcom another WoW entry for FOTM. Wish we had those down here in NC...Jeff

Congratulations Malcom..that is such a cool fossil!!

Chelebele

Thank you one and all for the kind comments, at the end of the day it is luck and persistance with a tiny bit of knowledge that increases your odds a bit.

It's a dream of mine to find one of those. Congrats on a great fossil, and a great story to go with it.

Don

A huge and hearty Gratz! Excellent fossil! :)

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

Congrats Malcolm - an outstanding specimen!

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Here i am hoping to buy a Eurypterid soon lol and you just find one like that. What a beauty.

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Congrats Malcom! Your now an expert at finding Eurypterids!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Excellent!!! A big congratulations!!!

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Congrats Malcolm for the win, and especially for finding what may be the finest eurypterid I've seen anywhere.

Context is critical.

WOW! :envy:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Congratulations on this Malcolm,... your persistance and hard work paid off!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me