Just Because

RJB

Sorry to hear that you're bored, but I am glad you put it to such excellent use!

What is the last fossil pictured?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sorry to hear that you're bored, but I am glad you put it to such excellent use!

What is the last fossil pictured?

Hey Auspex, its a rostral tooth from a sawfish shark? From north africa.

Hey Auspex, its a rostral tooth from a sawfish shark? From north africa.

Neat; I've got something new to Google (I learn a lot this way).

That matrix Meg is bad to the bone too!

post-423-1216596692.gif

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Im bored today, so Im going to post some fossil photos,,,,,, just because.......

I like that meg in matrix! Assume it's Chilean?

Nice :D

Yes, that tooth is from chile. The only reason I bought it is because it was still in some matrix. Very very very hard to find one anywhere thats over 6 inches that is still sittin in situ!!! I think its very close to 'PERFECT"!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooooo!!

RB

OH MY DEAR LORD! :o *drooooooooooool* those are some freakin amazing rocks! ;) Those do look like sperm whale teeth and they are pretty cool! everything else is just to good for words!

if your still bored.....and have some more pics.....well....you could......post.....some......................................MORE!???? :D

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Guest solius symbiosus

Nice pics, is that forth one in the first set some kind of weird cystoid? I know they had arms, but I've never seen one with them intact.

Nice pics, is that forth one in the first set some kind of weird cystoid? I know they had arms, but I've never seen one with them intact.

Hey Solius, thats called a 'Gogia',, Its from Utah. Im told its kinda an early startfish?

RB

Guest solius symbiosus

^It sure is unusual looking. Nice piece.

EDIT: I had to look that one up. Nice! That is the first eocrinid that I have seen.

Its a good thing I lost a couple hundred photos way back when, when my computer got infected and I lots everything, otherwise I could bore you folks with photos for days and days, but here are some more,,,,, just because.....

RB

post-171-1216601147_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601198_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601253_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601326_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601346_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601429_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601464_thumb.jpg

post-171-1216601614_thumb.jpg

Great pics. I believe the saw-shark rostral in the first set is Dalpiazia stromeri. The later one posted is Onchopristis numidus. I'm guessing both are Moroccan????

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

All this time I thought "clam balls" were hors doerves!

Also, is that a crinoid garden or a wildflower meadow? Great Googly Moogly man!

post-423-1216603327.gif

Very beautiful pieces,

Usually be bored is not a good thing, but your case looks like a commendable exception.

Particularly I liked the image of the showcase of crabs.

Maybe in another moment of boredom could put more detailed images of crabs and hoploparias and macrurans of the area below ... if you're so kind.

Greetings and sorry my bad english.

Great pics. I believe the saw-shark rostral in the first set is Dalpiazia stromeri. The later one posted is Onchopristis numidus. I'm guessing both are Moroccan????

Yes, Moroccan.

You should have seen his collection when it was still in california. I visited RB only a month or two before he moved; entire garage filled, Scotia nodules ringing the front yard along the street, and everywhere in the back yard, and thats not even including the infamous 'beating' shed.

Bobby

Guest N.AL.hunter

Got to spill the beans... what is the "beating Shed"? And great postings of your collection. I look forward to more "just becauses".

Got to spill the beans... what is the "beating Shed"? And great postings of your collection. I look forward to more "just becauses".

Back on the California Fossil Forum, I would threaten to take folks behind the shed/barn for a beaten, but in a fun way. I was not being serious, just kidding around.

RB