A Couple Of Id's Please

texaswoodie

This is some NSR material. I think there is a chunk of Mastodon tooth there, but need verification. The small one, I don't know.

NSR007.jpg

NSR011.jpgNSR010.jpg

NSR012.jpg

Thanks Tracer

Woo hooooooo, I found a Mammoth! :D

I can relate, pal. I had a tooth I found on St. Pete Beach ID'ed by my friends here as a lower jaw meg tooth. It was a rush!

yeah, i didn't mean to be short in my answer but sometimes i'm busy and just pop on to see who's spammin' and such.

i'm not sure that i'll ever get over the excitement of finding stuff like that. i spend a fair amount of time picturing in my mind how things used to be, with all manner of weird and wonderful things in the environment, right here where i am, just separated by time. and all the people around me don't know it. they just putter through their lives, never realizing that some paleoindians chased a mammoth right through their yard once. it's really cool to be able to live it, and suddenly find it, and be able to know what it is.

i get all happy just thinking about the things tj has. wait...

Yeah, I still have a kid's appreciation of all things weird. I've lusted after a Mammoth something.......anything for a very long time.

The small bone is too small to be a reptile, I would think. Any wild guess? Fish, bird ?

Not likely to be bird; the walls are too thick.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

the small bone has the general look perhaps of the end of a mammal metapodial, but i just feel like any greater degree of speculation isn't warranted based on the small piece that remains.

Awesome finds!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'