Claw/ Tooth Fossil Or A Rock?

Grendel

• New Members

I've looked around and it certainly seems to bear a resemblance to a claw of some sort.

My daughter found this on the playground amongst many other stones. It is shown here next to our remote control. The reverse side is flat.

While I am completely clueless in the field, it looks to me like a claw, even with the "bedding" / fleshy part at the end.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and I'll post more / better pics if it will help.

Thanks!

Fossil?

post-2455-12578637420324_thumb.jpg

I've looked around and it certainly seems to bear a resemblance to a claw of some sort.

My daughter found this on the playground amongst many other stones. It is shown here next to our remote control. The reverse side is flat.

While I am completely clueless in the field, it looks to me like a claw, even with the "bedding" / fleshy part at the end.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and I'll post more / better pics if it will help.

Thanks!

Fossil?

Welcome, Grendel!

It's a rock, for sure. It does resemble a claw. If you are new into fossils in the St. Louis area, check out the Eastern Missouri Society for Paleontology. Their website is mofossils.com.