Why Is This Fossil Smiling?

fowells

50 myo Pac- Man

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Fowells... Definately a pac man lol....nature can lay things out in some bizzare ways, and Ive never been able to beat this.... These are dactiloceras Gracile ammonites, just how they landed on the sea bed 180 million years ago... all i did was prep them out and look in amazement at the arrangement.... my friend super imposed the hat on.... a little early but its nearly christmas.... (I will post it on the Pyrite thread as well) incase the ammonite guys miss it....

post-1630-12578734409264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Why is this fossil smiling?

Because he is "stoned".

Why is this fossil smiling?

Because he got laid in some sediment.

:bow::lolu::lolu::lolu:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I was going to add this to a new topic...but thought it was fitting in here. I found this turtle shell in the Peace River.

post-2423-12578793022896_thumb.jpg

-Peace

TourmalineGuy.....lol @ turtle shell.... well done.... :D

NAL Hunter.... lol....

erose.....Heres 'The Wombles'of Wimbledon Common..... It was a kids TV series.... they had long pointy noses like the tooth.... I think its a dead ringer for one Thobern.... ;)

post-1630-12579795798956_thumb.jpg

Fowells.... good thread, and nice face... theres some weird and wonderful stuff out there, im sure we havent seen it all yet.... well done...

Edited by Terry Dactyll

erose.....Heres 'The Wombles'of Wimbledon Common..... It was a kids TV series.... they had long pointy noses like the tooth.... I think its a dead ringer for one Thobern.... ;)

post-1630-12579795798956_thumb.jpg

Fowells.... good thread, and nice face... theres some weird and wonderful stuff out there, im sure we havent seen it all yet.... well done...

Thanks, Terry.

Since no one ever ID'd my fossil; it's a coiled Nautilid of the Liroceras type. The "smile" is a collapsed chamber that didn't fill and mineralize with the rest of the shell.

Fowells

To be honest, Terry, you were about the only one who'd have got that. It really, really looks like a womble, even more so in person.

To be honest, Terry, you were about the only one who'd have got that. It really, really looks like a womble, even more so in person.

Here I was thinkin' one of the spies in Mad Magazine's "Spy vs. Spy"...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here I was thinkin' one of the spies in Mad Magazine's "Spy vs. Spy"...

I was thinking Woody Woodpecker, but the Spy vs. Spy character is perfect, although it dates us...