A Few (Probably Unidentifiable) Fossils From Florida

TourmalineGuy

I found these first two in the Peace River this weekend and thought, "Maybe someone knows what they are." With that thought, I decided to keep them in my pocket. Any ideas?

#1, has one, seemingly, broken section, but otherwise appears to be intact. It has two "grooves" which are very smooth inside.

post-2423-12578795307755_thumb.jpg

#2, really don't know if this is anything. Its fossilized material of some sort and the distinctive shape is what made me keep it, but I completely understand if everyone tells me to throw it out (my wife told me to do the same thing).

post-2423-12578795386313_thumb.jpg

# 3, finally, this tooth was found the same day, I thought it was a Megalodon at first, but it looks more like a Great White tooth...would I be correct?

post-2423-12578796231673_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Oh well, guess that was a pretty useless to post those first two. Thats my first mostly intact meg, which is nice. I was thinking it looked more like a great white because of the squarish root. Although, I know its unlikely because that has to come from a Pleistocene marine layer, which isn't whats going on in the Peace River. Would've been fun though, to have land-roaming great white sharks...