Urine Splatter Trace Fossils

BobWill

Several months ago a speaker at a Dallas Paleontological Society general meeting gave a talk that included information about research into the remains of urine spatters left by large herbivorous dinosaurs which had been recently identified. I don't remember who it was, when it was or even the general topic of the talk but I would like to know what the scientific name is for these trace fossils if anyone knows.

Here is what I needed it for. I would like to hear any corrections or opinions for this information hand-out we will use at our table for events.

20  WAYS  FOSSILS  CAN  BE  FORMED

DUPLICATION

1    Internal Mold  (sediment in contact with inner surface solidifies then original dissolves)

2    External Mold  (sediment in contact with outer surface solidifies then original dissolves)

3    External Cast   (original outer surface dissolves and space fills with solidifying material)

4    Internal Cast    (original inner surface dissolves and space fills with solidifying material)

MINERALIZATION

5    Permineralization    (space between cells fills with minerals that solidify)

6    Petrification    (space between cells fills with silica binding to cellulose)

7    Repalcement    (cells replaced with new minerals that solidify)

8    Recrystallizaion    (replacement when the new minerals are a crystal form)

TRACE FOSSIL

9     Tracks

10   Infilled Burrows

11   Coprolites   (animal droppings)

12   Feeding Traces

13   Urolite   (urine splatters)

14   Regurgitants   (animal vomit)                         

DESSICATION

15   Peat Pit

16   Tar Pit

17   Frozen Tundra

OTHERS

18   Compression   (thin carbon film formed by chemical change under pressure)

19   Resin Inclusion   (Life trapped in resin which hardens into amber or copal)

20   Bioimmuration   (impression formed on a shell by growing over another life form)

• I found this Informative 2