Tyrannosaur teeth ID

dinosaur man

Hi, I recently found one of the books I got not too long a go about dinosaurs of Alberta, and in the book there was a study that shows you can distinguish Tyrannosaur teeth from Alberta and Montana. Here’s the page. The study was done by Dr. Angelica Torices.

5EA47710-4A34-4BE8-BBC3-7346D1668D47.jpeg

Edited by Kane
Added punctuation for clarity.
  • I found this Informative 2

Your welcome!! Not sure how to identify the teeth but there must be a paper on this so I will keep looking and post it later if I find it!! :D 

Be interesting to see if anything comes from this.   Love to be able to differentiate small teeth between Gorgo and Daspleto.  A bit skeptical based on Currie's previous papers.

• I found this Informative 2

@Troodon I found this when I was searching for the paper what does it mean is this how to determine between the teeth Thanks!!

A92E94F1-61BC-47C6-BFB4-6D4131A7A9A1.jpeg

That's just looks like data, not a recipe to ID.

Remember the only two teeth that need to be understood is Gorgo and Daspleto. The other two are identified by being stratigraphically separate

• I found this Informative 1

@Troodon I found out how to identify them Albertosaurus teeth are very close to Gorgosaurus teeth which both have two denticles per mm as the paper shows where’s Daspletosaurus doesn’t have two denticles per mm the photo shows a Albertosaurus tooth 

Ps: Also Albertosaurus juvenile teeth are a bit different then the Adult teeth if that helps out with something

4B3EA598-4DCD-4513-A7CD-3413CB30C06C.jpeg

im going to email Dr. Angelica Torices see what she says about indentifying individual Tyrannosaur teeth

Yeah it’s 2 Denticles for Gorgosaurus across 1mm, where’s Daspletosaurus doesn’t have this there teeth are a little bit Different. Thats how to identify isolated Tyrannosaur teeth!!. :i_am_so_happy: :D