Fossil Crab

Eriphia

with an engraver?

An engraver, rotary tools like a dremel, dental picks.. the stone looks kind of hard on that one you may want to go with a dremel like tool.

I wish he posted a better pic of the claws. they look a little ding up from this angle. Stiil appears to be a good buy though.I havent seen many carapaces in this good of shape from this species. I have seen simular go for around 75 dollars

Thanks, bids not yet ended, but wanted to know it is worthy to bid (if able to prepare it)

Crabs are out there...

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at that crab to. I think he has it mis-named or maybe the crabs name has been changed as they commonly do as paleontologist find a reason.

Edited by micropterus101

Not at all, they are different species. One thing is Harpatocarcinus and another one the Harpactoxanthopsis.

Crabs are out there...

I was looking at that crab to. I think he has it mis-named or maybe the crabs name has been changed as they commonly do as paleontologist find a reason.

Hi all,

Carcinus, this one is a very dammaged Harpactocarcinus punctulatus and not Harpactoxanthopsis quadrilobata as the seller named it.

Micropterus, Eriphia is right, this is a Macrophthalmus sp, but never from the Eocene but Pleistocene as far.

:)