Lemon Shark Tooth With Cusps?

edd

im not sure what species of shark this tooth came from? it looks like a lemon shark tooth but it has 2 small cusps...found it in Gainesville - Fla in a creek

post-1674-12581448673349_thumb.jpg

Edited by edd

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

Maybe an eroded "sand-tiger"?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Not sure what kind of tooth it is but I like the color, looks baby blue. Good luck on finding more.:)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Not had to much luck with shark tooth ids lately, but it looks like a lower Carcharhinus sp. or a slightly pinched lemon shark tooth to me.

Edited by THobern

no one has ever found any sand tigers in Gainesville Florida and to me it doesnt look like a sand tiger.

Edited by edd

no one has ever found any sand tigers in Gainesville Florida and to me it doesnt look like a sand tiger.

Have to say Carcharias teeth have been found in Gainesville, I've found one and several friends have found others, all were very small and super rare, almost micros. Doesn't really look like true cusps on this tooth. Does look like a Lemon shark tooth, I would say it is pathological, since the lateral teeth have serrations on the shoulders of the root, this one just carried on partially to the anterior. Great find

what makes you say not sand tiger ? just curious

Earthdog,

Sand tigers don't have roots shaped like that. Even a tooth with weirdly eroded roots wouldn't look like that. It does look like an anterior lemon shark.

i agree with siteseer...