Is The Chat Down Or Is It Just My Computer?

Crinoid Queen

Hay does any one know if the chat room is down or if it is something wrong with my computer? I have gotten itno chat with this computer before i hope it will let me in :(

Thanx

Debbie

I just went on an typed a check message, so it's OK.

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows™ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java™ Virtual Machine in order to run our application.

The links to do this are a scroll-down on the chat page.

Hope this helps!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I just went on an typed a check message, so it's OK.

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows™ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java™ Virtual Machine in order to run our application.

The links to do this are a scroll-down on the chat page.

Hope this helps!

I all ready have java nothing shows up nop error mease or anything????

Oof. Just to be clear, are you trying to access chat from the tab in the Forum header?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Well, I dunno. You might better check with Cris; most of the stuff under the hood is a real mystery to me. Sorry :(

I have had this problem myself i ended up having to uninstall two different versions of java. how i had two installed at the same time on the same computer i do not know but after uninstalling them and then reinstalling the current one it worked.

I have had this problem myself i ended up having to uninstall two different versions of java. how i had two installed at the same time on the same computer i do not know but after uninstalling them and then reinstalling the current one it worked.

:thumbsu::goodjob:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

It didnt work :(

Edited by Crinoid Queen

It didnt work :(

I feel your pain, CQ. Windows is such an unhloly-ly attackable platform by the slime out there that legit and wonderful sites like thefossilforum.com are rendered unworkable by scum from way away (India, China, Russia, Chicago, etc. etc.).

That's why I tried Linux. Please, look into it. At the very least, try booting up to a live CD from Linux Mint (Linux Mint) and try chat again.