Anyplace Around Oklahoma City To Hunt?

barefootgirl

I have to go to my Dads for Thanksgiving. He lives up in Oklahoma City in the Warr Acres area and I was wandering if anyone new of a few spots I could go hunting at while I was up there. Please help me..........please!<_<

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

There are some mighty nice trilobites to be found just south of Oklahoma City in the Haragan Formation. Don't ask me for exact locations, last time I drove through we didn't have time.

Good luck.

There are some mighty nice trilobites to be found just south of Oklahoma City in the Haragan Formation. Don't ask me for exact locations, last time I drove through we didn't have time.

Good luck.

Sweet.............:D Thanks

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Speaking of Harigan, I've been wanting to check out this place just west of Clarita. It is not exactly on the way to OKC but at least its in the ballpark. I believe this is the "black cats"

http://www.blk-cat-mtn-trilobites.com/index.html

More along the way are the Arbuckle Mountains along I-35 just south of HWY 77 in Murray county for Ordovician fossils. I've yet to collect this place either but I here there can be good (but picked over) fossils in the road cuts.

I typically don't get much time to collect fossils when I visit OK, but when I do it is fun to explore rocks far older than what I see here in DFW area.