Aurora Fossil Festival 2020 dates?

FossilDAWG

I have been looking online to find the actual dates for the 2020 Aurora Fossil Festival.   So far Google has only brought up tripadvisor type links that say the date is undetermined.  I can't find it on the Aurora Museum web page either.  Also as search of the Fossil Forum hasn't yielded specific dates.

I would like to attend this year if I can, but I will be out of the country for the latter half of May and early June.  Does anyone know the actual dates for this event?

Thanks,

Don

With the disbandment and non-participation of the Special Friends of the Aurora Fossil Museum it is going to be interesting to see how the Fossil Fair will be organized and run this year.

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

29 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

It is always Memorial Day weekend. Most events are Saturday.

Interesting.  Those are not at all the same, Memorial Day weekend is May 23-25th, and Troodon's link says the festival is May 9 and 10.  It would seem the festival is having a bit of an advertising issue.  I don't know how people who haven't been there before (or have only been once, like me) are supposed to just know it's always on Memorial Day weekend.

Anyway I wish I could go, it was a lot of fun, but I'll be teaching a class in the Galapagos Islands that weekend.

Don

• 2 months later...

Just checking in again.  I assume this year's festival will be yet another casualty of the COVID-19 pandemic?

Don

8 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Just checking in again.  I assume this year's festival will be yet another casualty of the COVID-19 pandemic?

Don

Here’s a screenshot of their Facebook page.

10CE0DE1-3397-4E81-8CD6-B813855AF38E.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

I'm curious of the meaning of "Eat wonder".

Have not looked at the site, no idea

32 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

I'm curious of the meaning of "Eat wonder".

I took it as  "ingest all the wonderment of the show!"

( take it all in )

Dorensigbadges.JPG