Here are some more photos submitted for your viewing pleasure.  The specimens aren't all rocks and minerals, per se, since three of the five are petrified wood.  I haven't researched the PW specimens in an attempt to determine the type of original wood.  All were found by myself or a running buddy within the past couple of weeks.  The area found was in San Juan County in northwestern New Mexico, Upper Cretaceous, Kirtland Formation on B.L.M. land.

The second and forth specimens is a type of brecciated agate / jasper mix I call New Mexico Brawn.  They were found in the same area but were colored so very differently from each other.

The first, third, and fifth specimens are fossilized wood.  An interesting thing about the first specimen is that it is uncut and just as I found it, with agate almost as clear as glass.  

Hope you enjoy looking at these.

color wood 2.jpg

Brawn 3 smallest.jpg

cracked wood 2.jpg

yellow chipboard 2.jpg

yellow wood 2.jpg

• I found this Informative 9

Beautiful specimens. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

18 minutes ago, goatinformationist said:

Is the first item maybe dino bone?  Nice pics.

Thanks.  I know what you mean but when you look at it in person it is apparent the specimen is petrified wood.  The white-colored globules seen inside it were likely first formed as fossilized pocket rot and is white colored agate or even possibly common opal.  If you're not familiar with the pocket rot effect with fossilized wood, which I wasn't until fairly recently, you can Google it (as I did) and you'll find photos of something somewhat similar to what is seen in this specimen.  

• I found this Informative 1

all beautiful specimens, #2 I  really like.

As for #1 Dino bone, no, cell structure too big when it becomes agatized.