My 40Th Crinoid!

Crinoid Queen

Hay all i went hunting saturday and i reached a milestone in my collection. With the addition of this little macrocrinus i now have 40 heads in my posetion :D. This has been an AMAZING season for me. I have found 32 of my crinoids this year. I wish it wouldn't end, but the cold has finally decided to capture us. I hope it is like this next year! I just also wanted to thank every one for all of there help and nice complaments on my stuff. I LUV u all so much :wub:

post-1179-12590269612837_thumb.jpg

OH and crinus' friend got back to me and one of the ones i thought was a stinky macrocrinus is an ultra rare Uperocrinus marinus

post-1179-12590270733123_thumb.jpg

32 this season that's cool CQ bet you can not wait till next year. And I enjoy your prep work

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Happy 40th, and thanks for sharing them all with us!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You go girl! I always love seeing your crinoids and I hope next year even better for ya.:P

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Crinoid Queen....Congratulations..... Im sure you have learnt a lot too in finding and prepping the beautiful specimens.... Learning the layers as well is what's going to find you even more treasures...... In collecting, some years will be harder going than others....so when you have a good one, enjoy!..... best of luck for next season and I hope its as, if not even moreso productive....and please keep sharing your finds with us... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Crinoid Queen....Congratulations..... Im sure you have learnt a lot too in finding and prepping the beautiful specimens.... Learning the layers as well is what's going to find you even more treasures...... In collecting, some years will be harder going than others....so when you have a good one, enjoy!..... best of luck for next season and I hope its as, if not even moreso productive....and please keep sharing your finds with us... :)

Thanx! Yes I have learned a ton! Between prepping and IDing them I have become very good at this hobby. I will always share them with you guys because I love sharing them with people that love them as much as i do :D

Wow, congrats! It isn't that cold yet though.....

Spoken like a true Michigander, Bear!

CrinoidQueen, 32 in one year is very inspiring!

You've given us all a benchmark to work towards next season -- can't wait!

Nice pieces, too

:)

Congrat's Crinoid Queen on your rewarding year! You've found yourself a productive spot :rolleyes:

I'm heading down to Montgomery Co., In. next spring. Can't wait!

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.