A Quiz - Which Came First

tracer

lol i don't understand the question... i guess i fail.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Pretty! What is it, sponge on coral?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

well, you emmy, you have multiple things here, and so the question was "which came first?" who's colonizing who? they failed to take a number and get in line.

auspex - ANNKKKKKKKKK!!!!! sponge my bohind. pfft!

well, you emmy, you have multiple things here, and so the question was "which came first?" who's colonizing who? they failed to take a number and get in line.

auspex - ANNKKKKKKKKK!!!!! sponge my bohind. pfft!

The bryo came after the coral.

ah i see now. i was looking for chickens and eggs hehe

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Little t, what pearls of wisdom are you purveying?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Little t, what pearls of wisdom are you purveying?

well, stuff like, pay attention to the details. for instance, in the title, i didn't mention what things i was talking about. and i referenced "tricky". and if you mouse over the picture it's labeled "taphonomy". and nobody asked me to show any other pictures, like say...the other side...

so what came first was - the oyster, then the boring sponges, then the coral, then the bryozoa, then more bryozoa, and then the little bud of coral.

but never overlook an oyster in your midst. <he said, wondering why he couldn't work a bison into this story somehow>

post-488-12598091625432_thumb.jpg

That's the pearl I was looking for.... :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Ah you are a tricky one. I likey that fossil. 3 for the price of one.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Well, that's all perfectly obvious; I was looking for something tricky!

( :P )

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

...I can see that I started out all wrong, figuring it to be a coprolite and guessing it was the cheeseburger first, then the fries. The quarter would be last, it being the (cheap) tip. Now I can see it was Oysters Rockefeller and I wouldn't even be served at that restaurant. *sniff*

The bryozoan is 'fouling' the coral, but then again it looks like a smaller coral colony is growing on the bryozoan, implying three taphonomic 'events'/stages =D (so says the taphonomist)

you probably would. you seem like a "rocky feller"

Ouch! That one hurt even worse than the cheeseburger! :D Maybe a bit of bi - carb will do the trick......