Before Another Day Goes By....

snaggle

What an eye-opener this board has been to me!! Poking around my 1 collecting site with its limited variety of fossils has been put into a new light since finding this forum. It ain't nuthin', it's a drop in the bucket, it's...... By golly, there's a whole WORLD of fossils out there!!!

You all have, honestly, amazed me with what you know and what you collect. I've seen fossils on here I didn't know existed, size and volume that amaze me, knowledge .... From around the world!

So before another day goes by with more ooo's and aahhh's and wow's, I just wanted to say this to folks who share their collections and knowledge.... Thanks SO much!! :)

A.

I'll second that!

The world of fossils at my fingertips, and all the shared enthusiasm and experience...YAY everyone!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It is amazing isn't it. The knowledge, the collections and the finds. Makes me keep thinking, How can I move to Texas or I gotta get back into SCUBA. It's an excellent site.

It's like a course on fossils or walking into a museum. It has definitely accelerated my learning curve.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yeah and a San Antonio middle school is now diggin' the 70 LBS of ammonites, echinoids, and bone chunks I donated this morning.....our leftovers can generate interest for younguns outside of the Forum......

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

What an eye-opener this board has been to me!! Poking around my 1 collecting site with its limited variety of fossils has been put into a new light since finding this forum. It ain't nuthin', it's a drop in the bucket, it's...... By golly, there's a whole WORLD of fossils out there!!!

You all have, honestly, amazed me with what you know and what you collect. I've seen fossils on here I didn't know existed, size and volume that amaze me, knowledge .... From around the world!

So before another day goes by with more ooo's and aahhh's and wow's, I just wanted to say this to folks who share their collections and knowledge.... Thanks SO much!! smile.gif

A.

You are experiencing exactly what Anson had in mind when he set up this forum. A place where people from all over the world can share their knowledge & passion for unlocking the history of our past through the exchange of ideas & information. cool.gif

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

My better halve says I spend to much time here

But I think it is time well spent

even for the jokes

It is amazing isn't it. The knowledge, the collections and the finds. Makes me keep thinking, How can I move to Texas or I gotta get back into SCUBA. It's an excellent site.

Yes, I am amazed at the variety of fossils that are out there and appreciate everyones knowlegde of them or their niche. Everyone brings something unique here :)

And yes flyguy wehave to get back into scuba. I'm looking into getting some gear :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Snaggle, I got serious about hunting fossils that last spring. I thought my area was Cambrian. My knowledge has exploded since finding this site. I'd say I'm 1/100 as smart as solius, and three times as smart as Tracer now about fossils. :P You know I love ya, T. JK.

Anyhow, stick around, and pretty soon you'll be thinking in terms of geological periods. My company is going to be sending me out for some geek training, and I'm going to make my choice based on where I can find the coolest fossils! Right now, I'm leaning towards cretaceous Dallas, but that may change to another era before I actually do it.

BTW, my area is lower Mississippian.

JohnJ says it well.....:It's like a course on fossils or walking into a museum." When we lived in OR, husband would watch our 5 year old and I'd go over to campus and sit in on seminars in fisheries, etc. I wasn't a student but loved the subjects and wanted to learn. Campus was a couple of blocks away so why not?! So here, we have classes, museum and seminars!

Yorktown here. I know that it is found in Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina, all tidewater (I think). That's the extent of my feeble knowledge..... to date!

A.

You are experiencing exactly what Anson had in mind when he set up this forum. A place where people from all over the world can share their knowledge & passion for unlocking the history of our past through the exchange of ideas & information. cool.gif

Very well said Mike agree 100%

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Ya know, I'm a geek, and slashdot.org just rewarded me today for the first time, after posting there for years, with the ability to rate user comments. They made me read a spiel, which, in effect, said "We used to be small enough to self-police ourselves, now we have gotten huge and employ a team of thousands of invitees to help us keep this site sharp, comment-wise."

I'm predicting that is where thefossilforum.com will be within two years, max. I run the Alexa add-on on my Firefox, and I've seen its traffic rapidly increase in the last six months.

Growing pains alert, FF mods: If this rate of growth keeps up, you're going to have to switch to a dedicated server within a year. Maybe load-sharing servers soon afterwards. This coming from a geek. :D

PS: if you need to monetize, Adsense is pretty derned user-friendly (and visitor-friendly) and pays nicely... ;)

This is in my opinion the best forum on the web.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

This is in my opinion the best forum on the web.

No question, the best, sooo many shabby sites out there. I almost gave up on an active, knowledgble internet community. It's like all the genuinely interested, active, collectors washed up here. The internet equivalent of a bone bed of fossilers. I just wish they spoke english sometimes. Truly, thanks guys.

Edited by flyguy784