Dino Familial Relations

ashcraft

I have a 45 minute commute, and I tend to think of stupid things while staring at the interstate. Yesterday I began to contemplate dino reproduction (why?...who knows). Have their been any fossilized penal bones, or any other indication of sexual activity? I am not trying to start a gutter discussion, but any insight would be.....interesting.

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Guest Smilodon

I have a 45 minute commute, and I tend to think of stupid things while staring at the interstate. Yesterday I began to contemplate dino reproduction (why?...who knows). Have their been any fossilized penal bones, or any other indication of sexual activity? I am not trying to start a gutter discussion, but any insight would be.....interesting.

Brent Ashcraft

Brent,

You know, I asked that question of a Dinosaur paleontologist at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philly in front of a meeting. So don't feel odd. The answer is, they didn't have them as many mammals do.

How they actually did reproduce is up in the air. :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Edited by Smilodon

Did any of y'all ever read Omni magazine? It was a pretty cool SF mag of the late 70's-early 80's that was published by the Penthouse guy. Anyhoo, it featured an article once on how stegosauri did it. It theorized that the plate thingies would lay down flat on the feminine partner. I thought that was pretty insightful. Of course, I was 20 years old at the time, and could think of little else :o

Guest Smilodon

Did any of y'all ever read Omni magazine? It was a pretty cool SF mag of the late 70's-early 80's that was published by the Penthouse guy. Anyhoo, it featured an article once on how stegosauri did it. It theorized that the plate thingies would lay down flat on the feminine partner. I thought that was pretty insightful. Of course, I was 20 years old at the time, and could think of little else :o

Not sure if this will clear, but they say everything gets trampled when elephants do

such things. Can you imagine what went on when 100 ft long sauropods had familial relations.

Not sure if this will clear, but they say everything gets trampled when elephants do

such things. Can you imagine what went on when 100 ft long sauropods had familial relations.

I had a college course given by a mammologist who descried the breeding habits of blue whales, a necessary menage a twa (how do you spell such thing?)

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Wow, Omni, I had forgotten all about that mag, my husband and I used to get that cool magazine every month! :wub: BTW: No comment on the current thread. :blink:

I would think in my incredibly uneducated opinion, that if the dino's where ancestors of birds, it would be similar to bird reproduction and such. You know......a little Barry White, some wine.........

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....