Fotm December Entries

Phoenixflood

O.K. here's mine. my only trip in Dec. My first to the NSR. An unusual looking Mosasaur vert. Don't know if it is rare, but different. Did I mention glad to be back home!

post-1010-12622207630679_thumb.jpg

post-1010-12622208763067_thumb.jpg

I just found this tooth last week and needed help with the ID. Someone suggested I enter it so here goes:

Tooth was found on the bank of an intracoastal waterway about 3 miles from Atlantic beach in Florida (Northeast Fl.) I thought it was possibly a Giant Thresher, but thanks to the help I learned it is a Parotodus benedini. It is currently the best tooth I have found. Its in pretty good shape with some cracking in the gums and missing a small bit of the tip.

Length: 2 1/2

Width: 2 1/16

post-2607-12615728013082_thumb.jpg

That is Very Nice!

Doug

Edited by Dabeel

Here is my run at FOTM for December:

A plate from the Texas Anacacho formation consisting of four currently unidentified baculites, approximately thirteen gastropods and mixed coral and shell hash.

Enjoy

Brian

post-526-12621132394483_thumb.jpg

post-526-12621132599658_thumb.jpg

Holy Smokes that is a great submission!

Good Luck,

Doug

Some nice fossils from the month of december, i guess my crappy lil meg tooth wont win :)

Edited by edd

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

i have to admit something so ya'll can laugh at me - i pulled my back picking up the ammonite and putting it on tj's lap to take a picture and it's still pulled. darn fossils.

Hello All,

I am new to the forum.. My daughter and I were tooth hunting in the Creeks of Sherman, TX (just down the road)

and she found this Carcharocles auriculatus (I think that is the species)

I dont find large teeth like this very often (only 3 in the last 10 years.. so this was quite a find for us.

This is a wonderful site and you all have some very amazing discoveries!!!

Thanks

Tom

post-2656-12627858457109_thumb.jpg

sorry phoenix i totally forgot to measure it. the diameter is 18 inches and it is 6 inches thick.

Edited by Tracer Jr.

I'll bet your Eo is 75-80 LBS. I have a 17 that is 70 LBS and a 19 that is 90 LBS.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I'll bet your Eo is 75-80 LBS. I have a 17 that is 70 LBS and a 19 that is 90 LBS.

it's 80.12345 pounds fahrenheit. eo-extrapolation is always such a tenuous proposition, particularly after 2300 hours. and tj probably mis-measured it. it's probably 19.1 inches - wait, is the 19" one your largest?

oh, also, we've had a positron scan done on it and it appears to have a marshmallow center!

whut? :unsure: