Some Fossils From The Nanaimo Group

palaeopix

Nice ones! Good to know things like this can still be found in those places.. nothing quite that nice has ever shown up the few times I've been there (Hornby).

I took part in the Victoria P.S. Fossil Fair this weekend... some impressive things there too, from other members.

Eric

Man I really need to get down to the Island to do some collecting!

Nice ammonites Rick!

Dan

• 3 years later...
  • New Members

Terrific inoceramid spiecimens! Great preservation in coastal BC of the inner nacreous layer of the shell ...

Only one minor detail on presentation; the UMBO or 'beak' should be on TOP in the photos!

(simply rotate them 180 degrees)

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum! Have you collected from coastal BC? If so, perhaps you could show us some of your material?

Unfortunately the post you responded to is more than 4 years old, and some of the more active participants then (such as palaeopix) rarely stop in here any more. I very much doubt anyone will "correct' the photos as you suggested.

Don

• 11 months later...

Terrific inoceramid spiecimens! Great preservation in coastal BC of the inner nacreous layer of the shell ...

Only one minor detail on presentation; the UMBO or 'beak' should be on TOP in the photos!

(simply rotate them 180 degrees)

Duly noted, sir!

I'm not sure how to do that or if it's even possible to do that on this platform!

Perhaps one of the moderators could enlighten me on how to rotate the photos?

Duly noted, sir!

I'm not sure how to do that or if it's even possible to do that on this platform!

Perhaps one of the moderators could enlighten me on how to rotate the photos?

Dan, it's the "details" of your images that I've always enjoyed.

(I've rotated the two bivalves for you. ;) )

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Dan, it's the "details" of your images that I've always enjoyed.

(I've rotated the two bivalves for you. ;) )

Thank you John!

I appreciate the compliment and I'm grateful to you for fixing those photos. I was ready to bang my head against the wall, trying to find a solution in the forums!

• 4 years later...

Hey new to the fossil world my family went down to dino lab inc in Victoria (dinosaur prep lab) and my 7 year old daughter's mind was blow so next day off we went to look for fossils. Is the shelter point area you guys are referring to the reef by the sea drift RV park? (I live in Campbell river) we checked out some of the sedimentary rock chunks on the edge of the island hwy and found a few clam shells which was neat! But searching for stuff on the beach would be great too! 

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Brian-miller said:

Hey new to the fossil world my family went down to dino lab inc in Victoria (dinosaur prep lab) and my 7 year old daughter's mind was blow so next day off we went to look for fossils. Is the shelter point area you guys are referring to the reef by the sea drift RV park? (I live in Campbell river) we checked out some of the sedimentary rock chunks on the edge of the island hwy and found a few clam shells which was neat! But searching for stuff on the beach would be great too! 

Yes, a good low tide is needed to access the reef

• I found this Informative 1

Cephalopods rule!!