Amber Authenticity

Northern Sharks

I just bought a few small pieces of amber today with insects in them, and came accross this article explaining several ways to confirm if you have amber, copal or resin. Pics of my pieces when they arrive

http://www.truebalticamber.com/how-to-recognize-real-baltic-amber.html

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Interesting, but I find it hard to believe that amber placed in a fridge, comes out two hours later the same temp it was when you put it in. (Although when I put warm beer in the fridge it comes out just as warm 2 hours later.(at least it seemed like 2 hours! ))

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

The article works perfectly on Baltic Amber (succinite). Other fossil resins will not give the same results because they came from different types of plants and chemical makeup.

Interesting, but I find it hard to believe that amber placed in a fridge, comes out two hours later the same temp it was when you put it in. (Although when I put warm beer in the fridge it comes out just as warm 2 hours later.(at least it seemed like 2 hours! ))

Ramo

Happens to me all the time, we are watching the second hand

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway