Fossil Shark Teeth From Germany

sterny

Hello alltogether,

I would like to introduce me as an fossil collector at tertiär, especially shark tooth at Oligocene to Miocene from Germany. I searched the internet for shark teeth in the US. I found impressive pictures from Florida/ Venice Beach, e.g. Hemipristis, Makos, of course MEG`s.

MEG`s are really rare in Germany.

You should be lucky, if you live in Florida and find so such great fossils.

Best greetings

sterny

Sterny --- Welcome !!! Kindred spirits. There is nothing quite like finding a large shark tooth. I admit to also being lucky to be so close to fossils.

I will be interested in the posts on what you have discovered and your hunting techniques. What type of shark tooth in your Avatar photo? -- If I was not a newbie also, I would naturally recognize it

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Welcome to The Fossil Forum. You will find quite a few fossil shark tooth collectors on the forum. Many collectors have posted some incredible shark teeth either in their galleries or just as part of a regular post.

Let us know what species of shark teeth you have collected from Germany and please post some pictures.

Welcome to The Fossil Forum. You will find quite a few fossil shark tooth collectors on the forum. Many collectors have posted some incredible shark teeth either in their galleries or just as part of a regular post.

Let us know what species of shark teeth you have collected from Germany and please post some pictures.

Likewise :)

Welcome to the forum :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

hello Sterny,

and welcome to the fossil forum from France

I am collector of fossil shark teeth ;)

can't wait to see your shark teeth from Germany

4 3/4" meg from a construction site Hamburg, Germany, 1988. Repair to right root lobe.

I think that I've actually seen more rics from Germany than I've seen megs; they're incredibly rare.

post-1261-12636100586319_thumb.jpg

post-1261-12636103555738_thumb.jpg

Edited by THobern

Sterny --- Welcome !!! Kindred spirits. There is nothing quite like finding a large shark tooth. I admit to also being lucky to be so close to fossils.

I will be interested in the posts on what you have discovered and your hunting techniques. What type of shark tooth in your Avatar photo? -- If I was not a newbie also, I would naturally recognize it

Hello Shellseeker,

my Avatar is a Pachyscyllium sp., found , Oligocene, North Germany.

Techniques are stons wash, clear and with Luck find shark tooths.

Sorry, but my englisch is not good.

sterny

Edited by sterny

4 3/4" meg from a construction site Hamburg, Germany, 1988. Repair to right root lobe.

I think that I've actually seen more rics from Germany than I've seen megs; they're incredibly rare.

Oh ha, a 12 cm MEG. Yes, really rar.

But what mean "rics"? Do you mean Costa Rica fossils?

Hello, thanks for welcome. I have tooths from Oligocene, e.g. Pachyscyllium sp., Galeocerdo aduncus (rare), Physogaleus maltzani, Carcharhinus elongatus, Carcharias sternbergensis, Carcharias gustrowensis, Carcharias acutissimus (rare).

I`ve got a problem: Everytime I try the picture upload fails. What could be the problem?

sterny

hello Sterny,

Hello Alopias,

Thanks for welcome.

Have problems whit picture upload.

sterny

hello Sterny,

Hello,

new try for picture upload, now OK.!!

Carcharias gustrowensis at matrix (Sternberger Gestein)

sterny

post-2686-12636604027675_thumb.jpg

But what mean "rics"?

American slang for Carcharocles auriculatus

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!