Tyrannosaurus Rex

dinodigger

Hi everyone, I've added a link below to some footage we took when I was putting some Dinosaurs together. This footage shows the "rapid" assembly of one of our T Rex specimens I installed at the Houston Museum of Natural Science satellite facility in Sugarland, Texas. One of my favorite aspects of the job in paleontology is bringing these animals back to life, and resurrecting our favorite youthful reptile is hugely rewarding. I've worked with Dinosaurs for many years, but even after assembling and disassembling T. Rex's multiple times, the awesome impression the great beast leaves in you never fades away. It soaks in deep sending welcomed chills through your veins and for that split second you are eight years old again seeing your first T. Rex. And it amazes me that this cultural icon will continue to be the most popular dinosaur, even though they only lasted around 2 million years or so. Anyhoo, hope you enjoy.

Chris Flis

Very cool... I thought it was interesting that the gastralia was mounted with the skeleton. I don't think I have seen that much. Were they found with the real skeleton?

man, that was cool. of course, what comes to mind watching it is safety, especially since you don't want to be carted into the hospital and when they ask you what happened, say "t-rex got me". might end up detained on a mental health order or something.

good video.

Hi everyone, I've added a link below to some footage we took when I was putting some Dinosaurs together. This footage shows the "rapid" assembly of one of our T Rex specimens I installed at the Houston Museum of Natural Science satellite facility in Sugarland, Texas. One of my favorite aspects of the job in paleontology is bringing these animals back to life, and resurrecting our favorite youthful reptile is hugely rewarding. I've worked with Dinosaurs for many years, but even after assembling and disassembling T. Rex's multiple times, the awesome impression the great beast leaves in you never fades away. It soaks in deep sending welcomed chills through your veins and for that split second you are eight years old again seeing your first T. Rex. And it amazes me that this cultural icon will continue to be the most popular dinosaur, even though they only lasted around 2 million years or so. Anyhoo, hope you enjoy.

Chris Flis

Very cool. I went on to see the other videos in the same site. Thanks for posing this Chris :D

Be true to the reality you create.

Wow, really cool video. It is interesting that you have the ability to pose the T-rex in more than one position. I never thought that would be possible.

I also recently put a T-Rex together. It was not nearly as difficult as yours was, but I *am* out of breath. Here is a photo:

whyt_rexbecameextinct.jpg

Sorry for hijacking your thread a little, but I just couldn't resist the temptation to have a little fun!

Angus Stydens

www.earthrelics.com

Wow, really cool video. It is interesting that you have the ability to pose the T-rex in more than one position. I never thought that would be possible.

I also recently put a T-Rex together. It was not nearly as difficult as yours was, but I *am* out of breath. Here is a photo:

<image>

Sorry for hijacking your thread a little, but I just couldn't resist the temptation to have a little fun!

the creativity, craftsmanship, and persistence of people inspires the heck out of me. i'm proud to almost be one of ya'll's species.

Hi Flis,

Just watched your video on Youtube and thought it was very interesting. I doubt I'll ever get to see the real thing unless I get to visit the US.

Regards

Ade

• 2 weeks later...
It soaks in deep sending welcomed chills through your veins and for that split second you are eight years old again seeing your first T. Rex.

You got that right, T. Rex and I are old friends. Fascinating video; thanks for sharing!