Fossil forum,

Good morning. I have been looking for literature on the following for a while now, and have not been successful. I was wondering if anyone already had information on the following, or can direct me to a place where I can look for it myself.

Brachiopods, specifically

Lingulids (classification and identification)

Salopina genus ( classification and identification), this genus was moved from Orthis, for further clarification

Rhychonellida (classification and identification, at least to the genus level).

Camarotoechia genus (classification and identification);

Strophomena genus (classification and identification);

Gastropods, specifically

Platyceras (classification and identification)

Bivalves, specifically

Modiolopsis and related genera (classification and identification)

Ptychopteria genus (also known as Actinopteria).

I am also interested in the fauna of fossil formations in northeastern Maine, specifically the Edmunds, Eastport, and Leighton formations.

Thanks in advance!

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

Here is a place to start:   LINK

I've found it helpful to put search terms in quotes, and add "PDF" after  the focus search terms. 

For example:

"Edmunds Formation Maine PDF"   "Eastport Formation Maine PDF"  or  "Leighton Formation Maine PDF"

"Platyceras Devonian Maine PDF"  "Platyceratidae fossil Descriptions PDF"

Make sure you use Google Scholar as well as the main Google search engine. 

Also, try other search engines.

Good luck. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks, these are all great resources, that I have found very helpful. Thanks for the tip on putting search terms in quotes. If you are familiar with anymore specific or in-depth sources, that would be great! Thank you for your time. 

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher