What Are These Shark Teeth?

Sharktoothguy11222

Let me start off first, that I got these teeth at Boston's New England Aquarium, and Therefore, I have no idea what location, time period, or locality they belong to.

I'm sorry if I can't provide you with any other information, but what you see in the photographs is what I know.

Thanks.

Btw, How come I am no longer allowed to upload any new images. This onlu a fraction of what I intended to post. It now says that the max. upload size is 68.93k

what is going on here.

post-282-1206918678_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206918692_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206918707_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206918724_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206918736_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206918753_thumb.jpg

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

What you need is something to show scale and some brighter pictures. From the looks of them, I see a lot of Cretolamna and Otodus.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

A very quick look:

Pic 1,Row 1: All Moroccan teeth - Otodus obliquus

Pic 1,Row 2: With two exceptions - same as Row 1. Exception may be the second tooth. This tooth resembles C. angustidens - typical from Summerville area of SC. Tooth No. 4 looks like Odontaspis hopei (some recent taxonomic name changes)

Edited to state: Pic 1, Row 2, second tooth. Only a C. angustidens if tooth exhibits serrations. I can't tell from pic if tooth margins are smooth or serrated.

Pic 1, Row3: Tooth No. 1 - may be Serratolamna aschersoni (many name changes on this one). Teeth No.'s 2-5 are Odontaspids (Odontaspis sp. ID) No. 6 as Cretolamna appendiculata. Tooth No.7 as Carcharhinus (Bull shark type tooth).

Pic 1, Row 4. These are two additional specimens of Carcharhinus and based on coloration appear to come from the Bone Valley phosphate mines of Florida.

Other pics: I see Cretolamna appendiculata teeth some (maybe all) from Morocco.

Now I hope I kept the rows/tooth numbers straight or this post will be worthless!!

• I found this Informative 1

Ok, thanks for all of the responses. So far now, the Max. single upload size is now 1 mb. It went up a little so I don't know what the problem is.

Anyway, here's another tooth i was wondering if it was either angustidens or auriculatus. Or, it may be otodus, but I have no clue.

post-282-1206924846_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206924858_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206924870_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206924884_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206924979_thumb.jpg

sorry, but here's another one, any ideas are welcome, and sorry, but I have no idea where this tooth is from, and all I can tell is what's from the picture.

Thanks, Daniel

post-282-1206925430_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206925442_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206925453_thumb.jpg

post-282-1206925467_thumb.jpg

The first of the 2 latest teeth looks to be Cretolamna and the second is Otodus. C.auriculatus and angustidens are both serrated while yours has a smooth cutting edge. Both teeth are likely from Morocco, but can also be found along the eastern US.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else