The Daily Fossil Record

Bobby Rico

I used these hooks to mount these pretty heavy plates.  I love these hooks because they strong, cheep and can be manipulated to fit different shape fossils . 

Screenshot_20240614_203454_Chrome.jpg

20240614_134537.jpg

• Enjoyed 2

@Yoda thank you. Can't remember how you display your collection. I been thinking about changing mine.  In few weeks time I be  free to play around with some ideas.  I haven't forgotten and will the sort you out a nice box of goodies.  I need to make some room too . Cheers Bobby 

Posted (edited)

MrsR gifted me this ammonite from madagascar.  I believe it is Aioloceras besairiei but I am not sure really.  It quite pretty and I think it maybe from an old collection because it been varnish and not polished as they usually are now. It will display well I think. 

20240619_173030.jpg

20240619_173002.jpg

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Enjoyed 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

@Yoda thank you. Can't remember how you display your collection. I been thinking about changing mine.  In few weeks time I be  free to play around with some ideas.  I haven't forgotten and will the sort you out a nice box of goodies.  I need to make some room too . Cheers Bobby 

A few of mine are on a bookshelf. 

But a huge proportion are still in boxes in my garage :(

• Thank You 1

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector

• 3 weeks later...

MrsR gifted me this little set of stamps. These.stamps celebrating the uk's great pioneering palaeontologist. The sheet of four stamps recognise the contribution Mary Anning made to the modern understanding of dinosaurs.

The designs include a portrait of Anning, as well as three of her most famous finds whilst fossil hunting along the Jurassic Coast near her home in Lyme Regis. 

GH-p6KSWQAAFGhm.jpeg

_132834675_maryanning400.jpg.jpeg

_132834680_ichthyosaur400.jpg.jpeg

_132834714_plesiosaur400.jpg.jpeg

• Enjoyed 4

15 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

MrsR gifted me this little set of stamps

Is it your birthday again? MrsR must like you! Here is a suggestion when her birthday comes around:

Prince's Purple Rain House to Become an Airbnb

image.jpeg.2adf7f6dcd8becbe18f374ef468caa95.jpeg
May 2, 2024  The two-story, three-bedroom home, used in the 1983 filming of Purple Rain, is opening to the public for overnight reservations.
  • Enjoyed 1

23 hours ago, Yoda said:

@Bobby Rico

Really nice stamp set of some iconic fossils :dinothumb:

I don't think they sold out and there are different sets available I think. :thumbsu:

19 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Is it your birthday again? MrsR must like you! Here is a suggestion when her birthday comes around:

Prince's Purple Rain House to Become an Airbnb

image.jpeg.2adf7f6dcd8becbe18f374ef468caa95.jpeg
May 2, 2024  The two-story, three-bedroom home, used in the 1983 filming of Purple Rain, is opening to the public for overnight reservations.

Wow, now she would love a night in Purple Rain House.  It has been years since I watched this film. We are also fans of Morris Day and The Time, Prince's rivals in this movie. We definitely got Minnesota on our list of places to see. Cheers Bobby 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Sorry that I don't have much time at the moment to dedicate to this thread but I try too add some bits and pieces. 

This brachiopod was part of an old collection (1930s to 1940s ) Adam @Tidgy's Dad gave me his thought on this  brachiopod. "Lower Carboniferous productid brachiopod, maybe Antiquatonia, but could be several others so just productid is probably best." 

20240825_181329.jpg

20240825_181321.jpg

20240825_181507.jpg

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Enjoyed 2