Price For Whale Shark Teeth From Lee Creek

bmorefossil

Haven't been able to really find a price for what they are worth. I have found a few and will put them up for sale pending an answer. I have seen others listed that were found in other areas going for anywhere fro $35 to $50. Thanks steve

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I bought a pair of Pungo River Fm. Rhincodon teeth from a forum member on ebay a couple of years ago. I don't think the pair was more than $25, and I was quite happy at that price. They don't appear too often (anywhere I look anyway) but I would figure $20-25 each would be an appropriate price range.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I bought a pair of Pungo River Fm. Rhincodon teeth from a forum member on ebay a couple of years ago. I don't think the pair was more than $25, and I was quite happy at that price. They don't appear too often (anywhere I look anyway) but I would figure $20-25 each would be an appropriate price range.

thanks alot ns

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

here are a few of the teeth. the one on the far left is not a whale shark tooth but was caught in the photo.

post-1554-12693104143118_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmorefossil
gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Someone once told me that for every 15 pounds of Lee Creek dirt you get you may end up with one whale shark tooth. I would ask for somewhere near what you posted, probably more toward the low end. However, I don't really know because I have never had to buy them. I have been lucky enough to find my own ;) With some help from people bringing me back dirt from their trips ;)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Haven't been able to really find a price for what they are worth. I have found a few and will put them up for sale pending an answer. I have seen others listed that were found in other areas going for anywhere fro $35 to $50. Thanks steve

Steve,

I'm going back to the mid-late 90's but complete (maybe minor damage to perfect) Lee Creek whale shark teeth have sold for about $15 each. They're not for sale that often but most shark collectors are after the larger teeth so demand is not that high. With that said, there are many collectors who would be interested. You might ask $25 to see if there is any interest (you could always come down on the price or consider a trade).

I have seen some Late Oligocene Rhincodon from South Carolina for sale before. What other areas have you seen them from?