Smallest Fossil

steve71

i think seen about a million fossils last job.from fossil fish poop to some m4 is what i think theese other fossils wer called look like a star fruit i didnt get a pic of that one.kinda hard to take a pic looking in a microscope.this little fossil snail looking thing was about 4,000 foot deep.

post-152-12699619012548_thumb.jpg

I am guessing he is talking about some type of Foraminifera since they came from 4000 feet below. Is this it, circled in the picture?

post-534-12699680784515_thumb.jpg

I am guessing he is talking about some type of Foraminifera since they came from 4000 feet below. Is this it, circled in the picture?

post-534-12699680784515_thumb.jpg

no its right below it to the left round shape i didnt relize you couldn't see it that good.some of the black stuff is fossilized poop.forgot i also found this at the last job site area

post-152-12699686512409_thumb.jpg

post-152-12699686796204_thumb.jpg

post-152-12699687022349_thumb.jpg

post-152-12699687235782_thumb.jpg

post-152-12699687471_thumb.jpg

I thought that other spot might be it.

Wow! That's quite a pile of wood. What part of Texas is that from?

The book Introduction to Microfossils / Jone ,Haper, it's a whole new little word that the other end of a microscope

...this little fossil snail looking thing was about 4,000 foot deep.

I'm a little lost here...

Is this from a seafloor core sample, or something like that?

Please fill me in.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

How unfortunate for that western diamondback rattlesnake to have met up with you, 'steve71'.

I'll have to 2nd that!

That's monster wood. Was the rattler roadkill?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Now now people calm down, he might not have killed it on purpose. He might have just found it already dead in the road. By the way, I love that pict of the microscopic whatever it is. It looks like a pict of planet.

PS: Whatever you do don't tell them you killed the snake!!:growl:

Edited by barefootgirl

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I'm a little lost here...

Is this from a seafloor core sample, or something like that?

Please fill me in.

Forams are used by oil company geologists to date the layers that they are drilling through, so they "know" where they are in relation to where oil should be. IIdon't know all of the technicalities, but i do know just enough to be dangerous. :P I'm guessing he saw these on or from a drilling rig.

• 2 weeks later...