Cam G

• New Members

Hello! I'm new to this site and very happy to have found and joined this great community, while I generally focus my collecting on minerals im eagerly collecting fossils too. This is my personal favorite of the few I have collected, and it was found in a creek around Lewis County not far from Salmon Creek (Washington). I believe it may belong to a Aturia/nautilus replaced by chalcedony? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cam

IMG_000000746.JPG

IMG_000000747.JPG

IMG_000000748.JPG

IMG_000000749.JPG

Edited by Cam G

1 hour ago, Cam G said:

Hello! I'm new to this site and very happy to have found and joined this great community, while I generally focus my collecting on minerals im eagerly collecting fossils too. This is my personal favorite of the few I have collected, and it was found in a creek around Lewis County not far from Salmon Creek (Washington). I believe it may belong to a Aturia/nautilus replaced by chalcedony which is very exciting as im told they are not common; any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cam

Welcome to the Fossil Forum,  Cam...  I am in Florida but I have a couple of Aturia,  courtesy of my friend, @RJB who found and prepped many of them. He might be able to recognize yours...

Aturia_Angustata_txt.thumb.jpg.d3755d5157c03db5e726aa2ba97bd947.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

It kind of looks like a Crepidula fornicata

They can grow in cool spirals

Edited by opalbug
  • I found this Informative 1

It deffinetly looks more polecypod than nautiloid.  I know thats not much help but I dont know what it is. 

RB

On 6/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, opalbug said:

It kind of looks like a Crepidula fornicata

They can grow in cool spirals

I thought some kind of slipper shell too.  I've seen Pliocene ones from the California coast around Capitola.