Possible Dromaeosaurid Tooth?

Zapsalis

Hello,

So I came across this seller offering a “Dromaeosaurus tooth”, and I was wondering if it was properly ID’d. The serrations are pretty worn up front, so I’m unsure. 
The only locality that I can get is Judith River Formation, Montana. (IIRC, Dromaeosaurus isn’t found in the Judith River Formation.)

The dimensions of the tooth are 1.3 inches long, 0.2 inches wide, and 0.1 inches thick. 

It’s been a little while since I’ve last posted here, because I was busy with life and university. Hopefully I did things correctly. 

4958AF44-4E3D-4CC8-A3C5-F320277FEDEE.jpeg

E26F2561-F3D7-4F6B-BE72-2265E1667713.jpeg

7C78CB6A-FA51-4C08-A9BF-B16C66C41E83.jpeg

F21CC70D-AE59-4CEC-A056-3B4C7BFA81DA.jpeg

0F746640-E3C8-468D-91E2-2EAFFDEE4B78.jpeg

3012EAB2-CF9A-447A-BE3D-A858850D0102.jpeg

FFD41D1F-F503-469D-B73C-5F29EF86DDA1.jpeg

D2FF55AE-0BB3-4A2E-8E6A-6CCFB031A399.jpeg

As I said, it’s hard to tell because the serrations towards the front of the tooth are worn down. I wonder if I should ask the seller about serration density, because I could have sworn Troodon recommended that a long time ago when dealing with online sellers.

troodon is the expert, but if I recall correctly, dromaeosaurs have larger denticles on the concave edge than on the convex edge, which is what I think I am seeing here.  

• I found this Informative 1

First....Do you have a locality where this was found?

Your writeup says 1.3"  which its not.  So size in mm?

Without a mesial carina will be difficult but there seem to be some lower down or could just be pixels

Like jpc indicated morphology does not fit a Dromaeosaurus might be a Dromaeosaurid.  Those have a lingual twist.

Just now, Troodon said:

First....Do you have a locality where this was found?

Your writeup says 1.3"  which its not.  So size in mm?

Without a mesial carina will be difficult but there seem to be some lower down or could just be pixels

Like jpc indicated morphology does not fit a Dromaeosaurus might be a Dromaeosaurid

Yeah, the measurements were kind of off.
I’m in agreement that this tooth isn’t Dromaeosaurus, but it might be a Dromaeosaurid indeterminate so I came here to ask.

I also stated the locality in my post, and the seller only gave “Judith River Formation, Montana” as a locality. No specific counties, unfortunately.

Without a location going to be difficult to ID with certainty.  You cannot assume JRF.  Like to see a photo of the base.  Most likely candidate is "cf Saurornitholestes"

Just now, Troodon said:

Without a location going to be difficult to ID with certainty.  You cannot assume JRF.  Like to see a photo of the base.  Most likely candidate is cf Saurornitholestes

Okay! That makes a lot of sense, thank you!