Curious for more information

Darwin0601

• New Members

My parents were gifted this piece years ago and now that is has passed to me, I was curious to find out details. I see gastropods and a shell. The piece is almost a foot long with a bright green felt attachment on the back. Unsure if they received it in Australia or in America. Any other information or feedback is greatly appreciated. 

DSC_2655a.jpg

DSC_2656a.jpg

DSC_2657a.jpg

DSC_2659a.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Hash plates like yours are found in many locations on this planet. I don't know if anyone will be able to say exactly where it's from.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

• New Members

Mark : Understood and thank you. A friend's child asked last week and I will tell him possibly Minnesota, Mongolia or Mexico City!

I would agree with Ken and Mark. :)

Very nice hash plate!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

As has been mentioned, without provenance all is guesswork. 

But I would tentatively suggest Late Ordovician, there seem to be at least three species of orthid and a rhynchotrematoid rhynchonellid. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png