Ankylosaur tooth or nodosaur tooth?

Fossil Maniac

Hello!

I recently bought this ankylosaur tooth (in fact it arrived today) and I was wondering if it could be from a nodosaur.

Thank you!

(Judith river formation hill county Montana)

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

7 hours ago, Troodon said:

Believe it's a Nodosaur tooth

Thats dissapointig

Suggest post your interest here before you're next purchase.  Like I always say do not trust an ID get it checked out

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Suggest post your interest here before you're next purchase.  Like I always say do not trust an ID get it checked out

I think he mislabled the ankylosaur teeth as the nodosaur teeth and the nodosaur teeth as the ankylosaur teeth, the "ankylosaur" teeth were less then the "nodosaur" teeth.

49 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Anky should typically be more expensive and are harder to find.

Are these ankylosaurs? They're from Fergus county Montana Judith river formation.

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (92).png

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

No they are all Nodosaur teeth, they look like a catchers mitt in baseball

Wow. I guess people arent good at telling nodosaur and ankylosaur teeth apart or they just want to sell it for more

It tends to be used that way from what I've seen.  Unless the ankylosaurus name is called out specifically, anytime I've seen ankylosaur used to describe a tooth its been a nodosaurid and even when the ankylosaurus name is used its often a nodosaur still.  That's why its so important to post first as Troodon mentioned.

*Frank*

2 hours ago, FB003 said:

It tends to be used that way from what I've seen.  Unless the ankylosaurus name is called out specifically, anytime I've seen ankylosaur used to describe a tooth its been a nodosaurid and even when the ankylosaurus name is used its often a nodosaur still.  That's why its so important to post first as Troodon mentioned.

Really I was unaware