Cabo San Lucas

Kyle

Going on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas in a month or so, does anyone know anything about fossils in the area? I've heard there are various "fossil fields" but know little to nothing about them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Going on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas in a month or so, does anyone know anything about fossils in the area? I've heard there are various "fossil fields" but know little to nothing about them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kyle,

Fossils are treated like national treasures in Mexico. Do not pick up fossils there. Years ago, nobody cared so you will hear about people having some nice specimens but laws changed so it's not worth the risk. You might find shark tooth necklaces made from teeth in the area in the tourist shops so stick to that. This topic has come up before - check this out:

www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11941&st=0&p=136761&hl=mexico&fromsearch=1entry136761

• I found this Informative 1

When in Mexico I reccomend Tequila or Beer. Don't drink the water(I'm serious we had an issue with ice last trip) and don't pickup any fossils. You'll have a great time. I also like the snorkling.

• I found this Informative 1