Do real Spinosaurus claws exist in this world?

Ginger0412

I no longer know if there is a genuine Spinosaurus claw in this world.

fake. fake. fake. full of fakes.

I honestly want to take it to my grave.

However, there are only fakes and the real thing can not be found at all.

Do real Spinosaurus claws exist in this world?

• Enjoyed 1

I'm sure they do exist, but I think they would not be for sale, generally speaking.

They would probably be exorbitantly priced, if they were sold at all.

People keep buying the fake ones, though, not knowing they are fake, so, why bother to sell scarce real ones when fakes will do??

This may be a species you need to cross off of your want list.

:shrug:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Dinosaur hand claws are very rare, no matter if its Morocco,  North America or Europe.  In fact there are probably more real Spinosaurid Hand claws in the market than in most other theropod localities combined.  The problem is that with the popularity of Spinosaurus coupled with the Moroccan fossil fabrication industry they have flooded the market with bad claws looking to make money.     Real one's exist, like Tim said you just need to keep looking.  I'll PM you a contact you can check with to see if he has any.

• Enjoyed 1

they are existing and they are rare on the market in perfect conditon. Most of the perfect ones never reach the official market, go directly to collectors. As you can earn a lot of money and some of the moroccean dealers are great artists (and really good in making money!) they combine both talents... So, most of the claws are carved, partly reconstructed or - total fakes.... Best is, if you like to buy a really good one, to come in contact with a gooood dealer there and buy one directly. There are some you can trust 100% (don´t misunderstand, most morocceans are fine peope with a really good character, but they have a special imagination what is a real fossil...), but the original claws are normally expensive. 

Thank you for your kind words!

I will do my best to keep looking!

On a different note, I have a spinosaurus claw, but I have mixed feelings.

• Enjoyed 1

Ladies and gentlemen, I just posted my treasure Spinosaurus Claw.

If you don't mind, please tell me the identity of my treasure.

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, Ginger0412 said:

I will do my best to keep looking!

Why not purchasing a really good replica?
Franz Bernhard