Our Forum Has Done Well

Xiphactinus

Woo Hoo! We ROCK! (Well, they do, anyhow...)

:goodjob:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Chalk another one up for the amateurs! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Chalk another one up for the amateurs! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

x2!

how did those pics get there, though? just wondering

PS: until I read your post it never dawned on me that the saying actually went "chalk one up" for something. I don't know what I thought it was... but I wasn't right :P It's weird how that happens sometimes haha

I can't believe that they included Tiktaalik, and described it as an intermediate form between fish and amphibians that lived 375 million years ago.

Wow, just wow! Apparently, the producers over there aren't as brain dead as some of the hosts of "Fox and Friends".

I can't believe that they included Tiktaalik, and described it as an intermediate form between fish and amphibians that lived 375 million years ago.

Wow, just wow! Apparently, the producers over there aren't as brain dead as some of the hosts of "Fox and Friends".

I would be willing to bet that such comments were rote. I would be very surprised if they didn't copy it verbatim from wherever they got the information. Granted, I wouldn't expect journalists to know much about the subject in the first place. After all, it is Fox. Take the dino shark tooth comment... yep. They're clueless. It is a perfect example of the media in general, and Fox in particular, of exaggerating or altering stories to make them more appealing (and profitable) at the cost of truth as of late. The problem is getting worse constantly. It is all making us get even dumber even faster. I rarely watch anything FOX because of that, but the other news orgs are fast approaching, I must say.

Edited by Wakaritai

It is a perfect example of the media in general, and Fox in particular, of exaggerating or altering stories to make them more appealing (and profitable)...

Well, it is Murdoch. News Corp. has been a joke among journalists for years. Objectivism? Sure. Have you seen the latest "Sun", "Sunday Times", "News of the World", or "Fox NewsFaux News" lately? Yeah, it is a joke...

Edited by cousin it

to those whose finds are famous

i'm happy for you now

may 80 million fossil fiends, see them

and just go "wow!"