Dimetrodon Skulls And Teeth

dinodigger

Hi Everyone,

I took some time out from labwork to post a special photo-link to a few of our skulls and teeth of our Dimetrodons that we have been working on in North Texas. The skulls and teeth are a really interesting aspect in Dimetrodon paleo; they were really built for one purpose and its amazing how advanced they are at 287 million years. Only 220 million years later we see T rex, and the tooth structure is very similar. So often we forget how related we are to them; the mammal-like reptiles, our distant cousins with some scary*&% teeth... sounds like a good family bio. Anyhoo, I added the link below, just click on the photos and you'll get a description as well.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Chris Flis

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45026327@N05/sets/72157623925070527/

Chris thanks for taking the time to upload the photos. Has this site you've been working led you to any new conclusions about Permian predators, or is it just 'filling in' the current perceptions of them? Thanks.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I love Dimetrodon. It was one of the biggest predators up until it's time. It's really cool how they're related to us. I've been looking at our ancestry. They weren't directly related to us but related to those who were. I like this species out of all the pelycosaurs and even snypisids(SP?) because its a Texan like me, Edaphosaurus, Ophiacodon, Varanops...

“There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.”

-Ronald Reagan

• 2 weeks later...