Need A Litle Advice

Stonebreaker

Hey guys and gals! As I was splitting some shale near my home I found a what looks like a maple seed pod. The situation is that I have perfect book match of it and what looks to be a calcified pod.still can see the leaf material but the edges and the main veins seem solid.Would i glue the seed back in or keep out and just display the book matched pair of rocks? And if I keep the pod out ..how to preserve it? Thanks for any advice. (I dont have a pic atm as she-who-controls-all loaned the camera to her sister but hope to have 1 soon)

Hey guys and gals! As I was splitting some shale near my home I found a what looks like a maple seed pod. The situation is that I have perfect book match of it and what looks to be a calcified pod.still can see the leaf material but the edges and the main veins seem solid.Would i glue the seed back in or keep out and just display the book matched pair of rocks? And if I keep the pod out ..how to preserve it? Thanks for any advice. (I dont have a pic atm as she-who-controls-all loaned the camera to her sister but hope to have 1 soon)

You could use the tiniest dab of rubber cement to glue the seed back into position. Rubber cement is non-reactive and easily removed.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: Preservation,no idea.I would glue the pod back using gorilla glue with the blue cap.Sold in craft stores,easy to remove if needed.Best of the super glues.Drying time allows for some shifting.Good luck.

Bear-dog.

:blink: Preservation,no idea.I would glue the pod back using gorilla glue with the blue cap.Sold in craft stores,easy to remove if needed.Best of the super glues.Drying time allows for some shifting.Good luck.

Gorilla glue expands which would create a gap. Go with the rubber cement.