Claw? Talon? Tooth?

PODIGGER

Out on the river yesterday and had a few interesting finds (nothing as big as @Meganeura!). This one I first thought was a tooth as when I spotted it in the sifter I thought it had a bit of enamel near the tip. Once I picked it up I thought it was too thin and curved to be a tooth.  That left me with claw or talon as options I think are possible. Several searches on line failed to provide anything I thought was a good match.  The only thing that seems a possibility was a photo created by @Harry Pristis of a Titanis walleri claw.  Dare I think this is what it could be?  It seems too wide and thin to be an eagle talon and I could not match it up with various mammal claws.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Jack, @Shellseeker, have you come across anything similar? 

The specimen measures:

1 3/4" long  x  5/8" wide x 3/8" thick

or

43mm long x 17mm wide x 8mm thick

thumbnail.jpeg.72c174f3edf32b8998b59c3e5d79aea0.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg.431e0c318778af5b1a15ae326d3a114b.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg.d255d5fc1cad4625efcae36c1273a853.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg.c06d206dc75e796839a0f3c42e6a98ad.jpeg

thumbnail-5.jpeg.b97b878660ec1925e9fa8856589f4c31.jpeg

thumbnail-6.jpeg.498bd676d50e47daccc01bcb2f302486.jpeg

• Enjoyed 3

I believe it’s either a horse or camelid canine, actually. You’ve just only got the root there. 

• I found this Informative 2

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

Thank you gentleman, that was a very quick and helpful response be each of you.  I didn't realize the canines on either were that thin. I think I am leaning towards the camelid for this one based on size, curvature and the upward tilt as shown in Harry's first photo.

4 minutes ago, PODIGGER said:

Thank you gentleman, that was a very quick and helpful response be each of you.  I didn't realize the canines on either were that thin. I think I am leaning towards the camelid for this one based on size, curvature and the upward tilt as shown in Harry's first photo.

No worries - and I’d definitely agree with camelid! 

• Enjoyed 1

Fossils? I dig it. :meg:

Jack,

Thanks for taking the time and adding your photo and the link.  This certainly locks it in for me on the ID.