What kind of fossil is this?

Yuri

• New Members

Hi, 

I just went to Ohmaden quarry, Germany and found bunch of ammonite fossils and this. I have no idea what it is. Does anyone can tell?

Thank you:) 

20230413_190024.thumb.jpg.bbf73ac155dce64b25c480176074aac8.jpg

20230413_190216.jpg

strange fossil, I would assume you have a part of an ammonite, but I am not sure

What kind of structure has the part of shell on the fossil? (left one on the pic)

DId you find it in the quarry or nearby?

• New Members

hi, thank you for your comment. I found this rock(first pic.) as is at the quarry site. I just cracked open and inside was the second picture. (also found many ammonite fossils, too. but not the same section of quarry) This was my first time digging a fossil. So, I have no idea of anything:(

• New Members
17 hours ago, rocket said:

strange fossil, I would assume you have a part of an ammonite, but I am not sure

What kind of structure has the part of shell on the fossil? (left one on the pic)

DId you find it in the quarry or nearby?

Hi, thank you for your comment. I found this rock(first pic.) as is at the quarry site. I just cracked open and inside was the second picture. (also found many ammonite fossils, too. but not the same section of quarry) This was my first time digging a fossil. So, I have no idea of anything :(

• Enjoyed 1