Kfinn0319

My wife and I both said this one looks like a turtle, but that wasn't really serious. I really don't know on any of these.

IMG_20230421_205915~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_210535~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_205821~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_210053~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_205855~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_210526~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_205747~2.jpg

IMG_20230421_205747.jpg

Before anyone can figure out what kind of rocks you have, you'll need to get better focused photos in daylight.  

• I Agree 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I don't think what the poster has shown us(blurry though it may be) has a paleobiological origin

• I Agree 5

:zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

58 minutes ago, Kfinn0319 said:

Lol

Before you laugh too hard, remember that you requested an identification and said, "I really don't know on any of these."  

;)

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

9 hours ago, Kfinn0319 said:

IMG_20230421_211550~2.jpg

I particularly like the appearance of this one--very suggestive (but still just a rock). So far, all the items you've shown images of are merely interestingly shaped rocks of purely geologic origin and none appear to be of biologic origin (fossils). Hope they weren't too heavy but at least you've got the start of a nice rock garden for the yard.

If you choose to show additional images, please consider taking the photos outdoors in good sunlight. It really helps cameras to take better lit and well-focused images. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Kfinn0319 said:

I laughed out loud at myself.

Always good to keep a sense of humor (even at our own expense). So far you've got a bunch of interestingly shaped rocks but that shows that you've got an eye for the unusual which helps in spotting actual fossils. Your state does have a nice diversity of fossil material and if you are interesting in fossil hunting there should be amble opportunities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleontology_in_Arizona

https://www.rockandmineralshows.com/location/rock-clubs/arizona

Cheers.

-Ken

7 minutes ago, Kfinn0319 said:

I can't seem to take a good pic

Outdoors in good light will remarkably improve the images from most cameras and smart phones. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

It was late last night and I was tired. I'm sorry I just put the lol and nothing else. I realized that was suggestive. I didn't  realize it at the time, but thank you for your replies. That is what I should've said. I size for the negative inference. I really do appreciate you taking the time to view my posts. I guess I was also laughing because I get excited about something and it always just turns out to be rocks. It wasn't meant to be offensive, or negative to you JohnJ. I apologize for making it seem that way. I know I can be somewhat confrontational when I have a disagreement with something. I am sorry for my aggressive back and forth arguments I have had with the forum in the past, but I am sure there will be more in the future. If I am being honest with you and myself. I can be a little hard-headed at times when I want things a certain way. If I didn't respect the members and all of your knowledge and experience then I wouldn't post here anymore. Please don't take my arguments otherwise. I don't realize, until after the fact, that I may have insulted some of you by disagreeing the way I do. That was not my intention at all. I respect and admire all of you more than you could possibly know. The fact that I still post here is a testament to that. I haven't taken any of my items to other forums when I disagree with the forum. I just suck it up and move on. Because I know that the best people to ask are right here. I just realized I needed to tell this to the forum because my past behavior has probably insulted so many of you and that is not ok. I am embarrassed of my actions in that regard. I respect you far more than you realize, even though my words may seem to suggest otherwise. You really have no ideas how much your posts impact my effort. I only started my disagreement when I feel passionate about something, but it's not an insult to any of you. It's just me being stubborn and I realize that has created some friction and resentment. I'm deeply sorry for that as I do not want tension in this forum because of my words. I want you all to know how much I truly respect and admire you. Your knowledge and experience is far more than my own. Do to some injuries in my past, I shared on this forum sometime ago, I have some trouble with my communication and concentration. Because of this I can develope tunnel vision and my focus can become obsessive. Like this post was supposed to be quick and to the point, but I rambled on. I'm sorry for that.:unsure: I just wanted you all to know how much I truly respect and admire you and your opinions, even when I get frustrated and disagree. I am not questioning you or your knowledge and experience. It is all about me and my stubbornness and inability to accept the consensus. Again, I am very, very sorry for my behavior and please pardon me. If you are able to then you will see that in actually not that bad and can be, in my humble opinion:heartylaugh:, a pretty fun guy. I am bound and determined now to find a fossil and have it ID'd here in this forum by all of you. I'm not going anywhere else, so you are all such with me. Again forgive me and thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience with me. When I disagreed with the forum I let my disagreement reach a level of disrespect, I promise you that was not my intention, and that is crossing the line. 

:rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Kevin F.

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, digit said:

Outdoors in good light will remarkably improve the images from most cameras and smart phones. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

A special thank you to Ken. You have been kind and helpful, even though I haven't been deserving of it. Thank you for seeing past my bad attitude.

You'll find this forum open and welcoming (in stark contrast to most other social media). Often those who bring to the forum for "confirmation" of dinosaur eggs T-rex embryos or "petrified" snake heads are disillusioned when they learn things like there are no dinosaur fossils in Florida (surface rocks too young) or in Indiana (surface rocks to old). They tend to be unhappy that they have not discovered a unique (and priceless) fossil preserved in a novel method presently unknown to science. Those who come to this forum with an open mind find it an enriching experience as our membership has a deep and diverse knowledge of fossil types and are more than happy to share that when members bring actual fossils for identification. For those beginning to learn about fossils it is often just as important to be able to understand all the "fakers" that Mother Nature enjoys scattering about to test our ID skills and fossil knowledge.

Search this forum for the keyword "Arizona" and you are likely to find some interesting posts that might give you some ideas of what types of fossils are found in your state and where to look for them. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

Still not the best photos, but I'm get better. Thank you for the pointers from everyone. I will eventually be able to take a photograph that will be acceptable. You said you were intrigued about this one, so I tried. Thank you for the advice and constructive criticism. I really do appreciate the patience.

IMG_20230422_195201~3.jpg

IMG_20230422_195123~2.jpg

I thought a tooth was sticking out and spaces for others, but closer look made me second guess that. It does look like a jar portion, at least from some angles.

I'm not seeing any evidence of a jaw...no bone texture, no jaw shape.  I see the shape that you are referring to as a tooth, but I see no enamel, or an actual tooth shape.  

You've shown that you have a good eye for shapes.  Now you should research what bone texture and enamel looks like so that you can analyze your finds to determine if there is more than just a suggestive shape there.  Search this forum for both and you can find tons to help you learn how to recognize them.  I had to learn all of these things a year ago and this forum helped so much!

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

5 hours ago, Fin Lover said:

You've shown that you have a good eye for shapes.  Now you should research what bone texture and enamel looks like so that you can analyze your finds to determine if there is more than just a suggestive shape there.  Search this forum for both and you can find tons to help you learn how to recognize them.  I had to learn all of these things a year ago and this forum helped so much!

Thank you for the helpful suggestion. I don't know what I'm looking at most of the time. I just pick it up because it looks strange and different. I need guidance and appreciate the way you present it as well. 

• Enjoyed 2